* can't use ACL with 2.4 SELinux
@ 2003-11-02 18:18 lky
From: lky @ 2003-11-02 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: SELINUX

    Hi, I installed 2.4.21-selinux2 (linux-2.4-2003100110.tgz) on Redhat9.0. Because the SElinux kernel has the combined ea+acl+nfsacl patch built in. So I think I can use ACL directly. But I failed. I have enabled the kernel options for ACLs and I mount the file system as follows: 'mount -t ext3 -o exec,dev,suid,rw,acl,user_xattr /dev/hda8 /mnt/test'
but it said : operations not supported. Any ideas?
    Thanks!

* Re: can't use ACL with 2.4 SELinux
@ 2003-11-04 16:35 ` James Carter
From: James Carter @ 2003-11-04 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lky; +Cc: SELinux

On Sun, 2003-11-02 at 13:18, lky wrote:
>     Hi, I installed 2.4.21-selinux2 (linux-2.4-2003100110.tgz) on Redhat9.0. Because the SElinux kernel has the combined ea+acl+nfsacl patch built in. So I think I can use ACL directly. But I failed. I have enabled the kernel options for ACLs and I mount the file system as follows: 'mount -t ext3 -o exec,dev,suid,rw,acl,user_xattr /dev/hda8 /mnt/test'
> but it said : operations not supported. Any ideas?
>     Thanks!

I tried the kernel from our website (linux-2.4-2003100110.tgz) with
following ext3 options (and all the other normal options for SELinux):
CONFIG_EXT3_FS=y
CONFIG_EXT3_FS_XATTR=y
CONFIG_EXT3_FS_XATTR_SHARING=y
CONFIG_EXT3_FS_XATTR_USER=y
CONFIG_EXT3_FS_XATTR_TRUSTED=y
CONFIG_EXT3_FS_POSIX_ACL=y
CONFIG_EXT3_FS_SECURITY=y

I had no problem mounting my root ext3 filesystem with both the acl and
user_xattr options.  I had no problems setting and getting user,
trusted, and security.selinux extended attributes.  I also had no
problems setting and getting acls.  It doesn't seem to be a problem with
the kernel.

--
James Carter <jwcart2@epoch.ncsc.mil>
National Security Agency

* Re: can't use ACL with 2.4 SELinux
@ 2003-11-05 17:28   ` lky
From: lky @ 2003-11-05 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jwcart2; +Cc: SELINUX

On Wednesday, November 05, 2003 12:35 AM,James Carter wrote:
> I tried the kernel from our website (linux-2.4-2003100110.tgz) with
> following ext3 options (and all the other normal options for SELinux):
> CONFIG_EXT3_FS=y
> CONFIG_EXT3_FS_XATTR=y
> CONFIG_EXT3_FS_XATTR_SHARING=y
> CONFIG_EXT3_FS_XATTR_USER=y
> CONFIG_EXT3_FS_XATTR_TRUSTED=y
> CONFIG_EXT3_FS_POSIX_ACL=y
> CONFIG_EXT3_FS_SECURITY=y
>
> I had no problem mounting my root ext3 filesystem with both the acl and
> user_xattr options.  I had no problems setting and getting user,
> trusted, and security.selinux extended attributes.  I also had no
> problems setting and getting acls.  It doesn't seem to be a problem with
> the kernel.
>
> --
> James Carter <jwcart2@epoch.ncsc.mil>
> National Security Agency
Sorry,it's my fault.I made a mistake when I mount the filesystem.So ACL can't work.
Thanks!
lky