* PCI resource allocation problem in Enterprise Linux 3.0
@ 2004-01-06  6:47 sundarapandian durairaj
From: sundarapandian durairaj @ 2004-01-06  6:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi All,

I am having some PCI resource allocation problem in RH
Enterprise Linux 3.0 (linux-2.4.21-4.EL kernel).

Its seems the kernel is not allocating  PCI resource
for our PCI card during kernel init. This  PCI
resource allocation problem has been occurred only in
RHEL 3.0 kernel.

When I am testing our card in RH 9.0 (2.4-20) kernel,
I can see all PCI resource regions like memio and
ioport regions are allocated properly. (I am using
/proc/iomem and /proc/ioport for this). So I
am suspecting  RHEL 3.0 kernel is not populating the
PCI resources properly during kernel initialization.

Am I missing some thing in kernel configuration while
kernel image building.

Any help regarding this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sundar

* Re: PCI resource allocation problem in Enterprise Linux 3.0
@ 2004-01-06  8:46 ` Arjan van de Ven
From: Arjan van de Ven @ 2004-01-06  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sundarapandian durairaj; +Cc: linux-kernel