* BIOS BUG: CPU#4 improperly initialized, has 3 usecs TSC skew! FIXED
@ 2004-01-06 15:25 David Alan Blomberg
From: David Alan Blomberg @ 2004-01-06 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernel; +Cc: dblomber

System is Red Hat Advance server 2.1
Kernel 2.4.9-e25
Hardware if IBM X360
4 processors (Xeon 2.8 Hyperthreading enabled)
Summit Kernel

Question is the message appears to be a processor election problem (I
had it on 2 or the 8 reported processors-gotta love hyperthreading) It
is the only error I can locate and the system is acting up and hanging.
IBM hardware error log only shows that "an unrecoverable error occured"
and system was rebooted.

Now for the question-is this serious? I have asked IBM for help but they
have no help (great thanks).  I also have another system (same build
showing only 1 like error at start up its not hanging like this one but
its not performing well).  Before you ask this is IBMs new X360 with the
faster BUS speed.

Thank You in advance

David Blomberg

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-01-06 15:19 UTC | newest]