* [Bluez-devel] unresolved symbol __do_softirq
@ 2004-01-08 12:08 Jens Carroll
From: Jens Carroll @ 2004-01-08 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-devel

Hi all,

I have a problem integrating bluez into a cross complied kernel version
2.4.20. The target is a arm7tdmi and I used the latest patch for that
kernel. The kernel compilation (bluez as modules) works fine and does
not report any errors. However when I want to insmod the bluez.o I get:

Using bluez.o
insmod: unresolved symbol __do_softirq

Well, I am not even sure it is a bluez or a kernel problem. The symbol
__do_softirq is not exported (checked with "cat ksyms | grep __do_softirq").

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this?! I did not find an answer to
this in the mail list archive.

Thanks in advance
Jens

* Re: [Bluez-devel] unresolved symbol __do_softirq
@ 2004-01-08 17:29 ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2004-01-08 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Jens,

> I have a problem integrating bluez into a cross complied kernel version
> 2.4.20. The target is a arm7tdmi and I used the latest patch for that
> kernel. The kernel compilation (bluez as modules) works fine and does
> not report any errors. However when I want to insmod the bluez.o I get:
>
> Using bluez.o
> insmod: unresolved symbol __do_softirq
>
> Well, I am not even sure it is a bluez or a kernel problem. The symbol
> __do_softirq is not exported (checked with "cat ksyms | grep __do_softirq").

I am no ARM expert so I can't help you, but from a quick search through
the kernel source I saw the __do_softirq is specific for the ARM arch.
Try to post this on an ARM mailing list.

Regards

Marcel