* [Bluez-users] Dongles not working
@ 2004-01-08 15:35 Raul Jimeno Mouzo
From: Raul Jimeno Mouzo @ 2004-01-08 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-users

Hi Marcel,

I have devices BT that do not work well. Is a Microtune
http://www.microtune.com/products/MT0760.html) modelo MT0760
Can I to rewrite the flash of the devices and to obtain that they work well?

* Re: [Bluez-users] Dongles not working
@ 2004-01-08 17:32 ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2004-01-08 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Raul,

> I have devices BT that do not work well. Is a Microtune
> http://www.microtune.com/products/MT0760.html) modelo MT0760
> Can I to rewrite the flash of the devices and to obtain that they work well?

nobody sent my samples of this devices. What do "hciconfig -a" say?

Regards

Marcel

* Re: [Bluez-users] Dongles not working
       [not found] <LAW11-F7reyCJ5COYbg00014369@hotmail.com>
@ 2004-01-08 17:46 ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2004-01-08 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Raul,

> PVI-Raul:/# hciconfig -a
> hci0:   Type: USB
>         BD Address: 00:06:A2:05:A2:40 ACL MTU: 339:4  SCO MTU: 64:0
>         UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN
>         RX bytes:63 acl:0 sco:0 events:7 errors:0
>         TX bytes:27 acl:0 sco:0 commands:7 errors:0
>         Features: 0xff 0xff 0x3d 0x00
>         Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2 HV3
>         Link policy:
>         Link mode: SLAVE ACCEPT
>         Name: 'BlueZ (0'
>         Class: 0x000100
>         Service Classes: Unspecified
>         Device Class: Computer, Uncategorized
>         HCI Ver: 1.1 (0x1) HCI Rev: 0x90 LMP Ver: 1.1 (0x1) LMP Subver: 0x90
>         Manufacturer: Transilica, Inc. (24)

I don't have experiences with Transilica chips. Once I got a dongle with
such a chip, but it seems that I lost it. If the SCO option of the HCI
USB driver is enabled, disable it and try to switch the usb-uhci with
the uhci USB host driver and vice versa. If none of that helped in your
case, you should better try to get a CSR based USB dongle. They are more
unproblematic than the others at the moment.

Regards

Marcel