* [Bluez-users] pppd problems
@ 2004-01-08 15:49 João Santos
From: João Santos @ 2004-01-08 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-users

Hi all,
Sorry about my bad english.
I don't know what is happening whit the pppd.
I have the mandrake 9.1  whit kernel 2.4.21-0.13mdk.
I have install the ppp-2.3.3 distribution.
PPP modules:

#ppp stuf
alias ppp0 ppp_generic
alias char-major-108    ppp_generic
alias /dev/ppp          ppp_generic
alias tty-ldisc-3       ppp_async
alias tty-ldisc-14      ppp_synctty
alias ppp0              ppp_generic
alias ppp-compress-21   bsd_comp
alias ppp-compress-24   ppp_deflate
alias ppp-compress-26   ppp_deflate

but after folloing the readme instrutions, it didn't work:

[root@olivia /]# pppd
pppd: This system lacks kernel support for PPP.  This could be because
the PPP kernel module is not loaded, or because the kernel is
not configured for PPP.  See the README.linux file in the
ppp-2.3.3 distribution.

i think the problem is because this distribution is very old.
I want to remove this distribution and install a more recent.
where can i download it, and get a good howto?

if you have another suggestion please tell me?

Regards

João Santos

* Re: [Bluez-users] pppd problems
@ 2004-01-08 17:33 ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2004-01-08 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Joao,

> [root@olivia /]# pppd
> pppd: This system lacks kernel support for PPP.  This could be because
> the PPP kernel module is not loaded, or because the kernel is
> not configured for PPP.  See the README.linux file in the
> ppp-2.3.3 distribution.

this is a pppd against kernel PPP problem. Do what the text says and
look at the README.

Regards

Marcel