* Re: [Bluez-devel] rfcomm error message?
@ 2004-01-21  8:32 Anthony Yulo
From: Anthony Yulo @ 2004-01-21  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: marcel; +Cc: bluez-devel

Hey Marcel,

sorry, i didn't know i'm sending html, because i'm sending the previous
emails using Outlook express, maybe i have to set it to send text only...
sorry..:)

well, im just testing with the rfcomm program to see if i can connect to the
linux box with a smartphone.. i didn't read the source of rfcomm that much,
so im asking if i can still make a bluetooth program thru RFCOMM, without
the TTY support?..

how do i set the kernel options CONFIG_BLUEZ_RFCOMM_TTY? The only way i know
how to set it is thru recompiling the kernel.. i.e. "make xconfig"... other
ways to do it?

sorry :) hehe im just starting bluetooth programming, and i know very little
on the kernel...

regards,

Anton

@ 2004-01-21 12:45 ` Marcel Holtmann
       [not found]   ` <LAW11-OE47NCsn8BWz60002faea@hotmail.com>
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2004-01-21 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Anthony,

> well, im just testing with the rfcomm program to see if i can connect to the
> linux box with a smartphone.. i didn't read the source of rfcomm that much,
> so im asking if i can still make a bluetooth program thru RFCOMM, without
> the TTY support?..

yes you can, but in that case you have to start with RFCOMM socket
programming. Look at rctest for an example.

> how do i set the kernel options CONFIG_BLUEZ_RFCOMM_TTY? The only way i know
> how to set it is thru recompiling the kernel.. i.e. "make xconfig"... other
> ways to do it?

The best way is to recompile and install the whole kernel, but
recompiling the RFCOMM module should also be enough.

Regards

Marcel

@ 2004-01-21 15:01     ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2004-01-21 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Anthony,

> > yes you can, but in that case you have to start with RFCOMM socket
> > programming. Look at rctest for an example.
>
> I forgot to ask about the rctest example.. i tried compiling the rctest
> example manually in directory where rctest is..
> "gcc rctest.c" ... and then there was an error saying "undefined reference
> to aparticularfunction()"..
> something like that.. what does that mean? how can i fix it?

unpack the utils source and run "./configure && make" and you will get
your rctest binary.

Regards

Marcel

* Re: [Bluez-devel] rfcomm error message?
@ 2004-01-20 13:49 ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2004-01-20 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anthony Yulo; +Cc: bluez devel

@ 2004-01-20 13:35 Anthony Yulo