* [Bluez-devel] SCO audio sync
@ 2004-07-27 14:56 ubaldo
From: ubaldo @ 2004-07-27 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-devel

I am having another strange problem, sometime when I record from a SCO
channel in 16bit (0x0060) to a file the first byte is missing and when I
play it back I listen just caos.

But if I cut the first byte, or I add a byte in front of the file, then I
can listen it fine.

Is there a way to be sure that I am reading the packet in the right way?

* Re: [Bluez-devel] SCO audio sync
@ 2004-07-27 15:06 ` Marcel Holtmann
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2004-07-27 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I am having another strange problem, sometime when I record from a SCO
> channel in 16bit (0x0060) to a file the first byte is missing and when I
> play it back I listen just caos.
>
> But if I cut the first byte, or I add a byte in front of the file, then I
> can listen it fine.
>
> Is there a way to be sure that I am reading the packet in the right way?

check the mailing list archive, because I remember that there was a
thread about this problem.

Regards

Marcel

* [Bluez-devel] Re: multi rfcomm/sco connection
@ 2004-11-09 14:41   ` ubaldo
From: ubaldo @ 2004-11-09 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ciao Suriyan,

I was looking, few months ago, for a way to solve a problem more or less
like your.

All what I could do was to set the headphones to HV3 and the bt-dongle too,
in this mode it was possible to "listen"  audio on 3 different channels, the
problem, for me, was that this channels were "mixed" so if with a channel I
was receiving 24bit with 3 channels they were 72, but I could not find a way
to "demux" this caos who was coming out, but I remember I found a way to
"create" 3 different sco connections with just one bt-(usb)-dongle.

* Re: [Bluez-devel] Re: multi rfcomm/sco connection
@ 2004-11-10  0:52     ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2004-11-10  0:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I was looking, few months ago, for a way to solve a problem more or less
> like your.
>
> All what I could do was to set the headphones to HV3 and the bt-dongle too,
> in this mode it was possible to "listen"  audio on 3 different channels, the
> problem, for me, was that this channels were "mixed" so if with a channel I
> was receiving 24bit with 3 channels they were 72, but I could not find a way
> to "demux" this caos who was coming out, but I remember I found a way to
> "create" 3 different sco connections with just one bt-(usb)-dongle.

this sounds like a problem with the wrong alternate setting on the ISOC
interface of the USB device. Your workaround is not reliable and maybe
it is CSR specific. To get more than one SCO channel working the hci_usb
driver must be fixed to dynamicaly change the alternate settting.

Regards

Marcel

* Re: siemens s55
@ 2004-11-10 12:08   ` ubaldo
From: ubaldo @ 2004-11-10 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

I try to use the computer as a bluetooth headphone for the S55, it works
great with nokia and motorola, but not yet with the siemens, I think, maybe,
I need to send some "special" AT command (at+ckpd=200 return error) or maybe
I need to configure something with spdtool to let the S55 know that it is
working with a bt-headphone, any idea about?

* Re: [Bluez-devel] Re: siemens s55
@ 2004-11-10 14:05     ` Brad Midgley
From: Brad Midgley @ 2004-11-10 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-devel

hi

we have wacky problems with bluetooth-alsa when you connect to the
handsfree rather than the headset profile. does sdptool show you are
connecting to the channel for the phone's headset profile?

brad

ubaldo wrote:
> I try to use the computer as a bluetooth headphone for the S55, it works
> great with nokia and motorola, but not yet with the siemens, I think,
> maybe, I need to send some "special" AT command (at+ckpd=200 return
> error) or maybe I need to configure something with spdtool to let the
> S55 know that it is working with a bt-headphone, any idea about?

* [Bluez-devel] Re: Re: siemens s55
@ 2004-11-11 11:44   ` ubaldo
From: ubaldo @ 2004-11-11 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ciao Brad,

> we have wacky problems with bluetooth-alsa when you connect to the
> handsfree rather than the headset profile. does sdptool show you are
> connecting to the channel for the phone"s headset profile?

this is what I get with "sdptool browse 00:01:E3:6F:7E:55", I try both
channel 2 and channel 3,

Browsing 00:01:E3:6F:7E:55 ...
Service Name: SerialPort
Service RecHandle: 0x11101
Service Class ID List:
 "Serial Port" (0x1101)
Protocol Descriptor List:
 "L2CAP" (0x0100)
 "RFCOMM" (0x0003)
   Channel: 1
Language Base Attr List:
 code_ISO639: 0x656e
 encoding:    0x6a
 base_offset: 0x100
Profile Descriptor List:
 "Serial Port" (0x1101)
   Version: 0x0100

Service Name: Dial-up networking
Service RecHandle: 0x11103
Service Class ID List:
 "Dialup Networking" (0x1103)
 "Generic Networking" (0x1201)
Protocol Descriptor List:
 "L2CAP" (0x0100)
 "RFCOMM" (0x0003)
   Channel: 1
Language Base Attr List:
 code_ISO639: 0x656e
 encoding:    0x6a
 base_offset: 0x100
Profile Descriptor List:
 "Dialup Networking" (0x1103)
   Version: 0x0100

Service Name: Fax
Service RecHandle: 0x11111
Service Class ID List:
 "Fax" (0x1111)
 "Generic Telephony" (0x1204)
Protocol Descriptor List:
 "L2CAP" (0x0100)
 "RFCOMM" (0x0003)
   Channel: 1
Language Base Attr List:
 code_ISO639: 0x656e
 encoding:    0x6a
 base_offset: 0x100
Profile Descriptor List:
 "Fax" (0x1111)
   Version: 0x0100

Service Name: OBEX File Transfer
Service RecHandle: 0x11106
Service Class ID List:
 "OBEX File Transfer" (0x1106)
Protocol Descriptor List:
 "L2CAP" (0x0100)
 "RFCOMM" (0x0003)
   Channel: 5
 "OBEX" (0x0008)
Language Base Attr List:
 code_ISO639: 0x656e
 encoding:    0x6a
 base_offset: 0x100
Profile Descriptor List:
 "OBEX File Transfer" (0x1106)
   Version: 0x0100

Service Name: OBEX Object Push
Service RecHandle: 0x11105
Service Class ID List:
 "OBEX Object Push" (0x1105)
Protocol Descriptor List:
 "L2CAP" (0x0100)
 "RFCOMM" (0x0003)
   Channel: 4
 "OBEX" (0x0008)
Language Base Attr List:
 code_ISO639: 0x656e
 encoding:    0x6a
 base_offset: 0x100
Profile Descriptor List:
 "OBEX Object Push" (0x1105)
   Version: 0x0100

Service Name: OBEX Synchronisation
Service RecHandle: 0x11104
Service Class ID List:
 "IrMCSync" (0x1104)
Protocol Descriptor List:
 "L2CAP" (0x0100)
 "RFCOMM" (0x0003)
   Channel: 5
 "OBEX" (0x0008)
Language Base Attr List:
 code_ISO639: 0x656e
 encoding:    0x6a
 base_offset: 0x100
Profile Descriptor List:
 "IrMCSync" (0x1104)
   Version: 0x0100

Service Name: Voice gateway
Service RecHandle: 0x11112
Service Class ID List:
 "Headset Audio Gateway" (0x1112)
 "Generic Audio" (0x1203)
Protocol Descriptor List:
 "L2CAP" (0x0100)
 "RFCOMM" (0x0003)
   Channel: 2
Language Base Attr List:
 code_ISO639: 0x656e
 encoding:    0x6a
 base_offset: 0x100
Profile Descriptor List:
 "Headset" (0x1108)
   Version: 0x0100

Service Name: Voice gateway
Service RecHandle: 0x1111f
Service Class ID List:
 "" (0x111f)
 "Generic Audio" (0x1203)
Protocol Descriptor List:
 "L2CAP" (0x0100)
 "RFCOMM" (0x0003)
   Channel: 3
Language Base Attr List:
 code_ISO639: 0x656e
 encoding:    0x6a
 base_offset: 0x100
Profile Descriptor List:
 "" (0x111e)
   Version: 0x0100

and this is what I get with "hcitool con" while the connection is on (with
"hstest record ...")

Connections:
       < SCO 00:01:E3:6F:7E:55 handle 44 state 1 lm SLAVE
       < ACL 00:01:E3:6F:7E:55 handle 41 state 1 lm MASTER ENCRYPT