* Thinkpad R50P and acpi problems
@ 2004-10-11 14:39 Mario Giammarco
From: Mario Giammarco @ 2004-10-11 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

Hello,
I have just bought a thinkpad r50p.
I am using knoppix/debian. I have tried several kernels: 2.6.7 2.6.8.1
with acpi patches kolivas etc.

I have following problems/questions:

1) echo "3"> /proc/acpi/sleep makes system sleep (if I remove ehci_hcd).
But sometimes when it rewake it gives this fatal error:

ide: failed opcode was: unknown
hda: task_mulout_intr status 0x51 drive ready seek complete error
hda: task_mulout_intr error 0x04 drive status error

2) echo "4" > /proc/acpi/sleep makes system hibernate but is very very
slow. At least it works.

3) echo "disk" in /sys/power/state seems to hibernate but then it beeps
and wake up again (yes, I have removed ehci...)

4) Under xwindow I never reach c3 cpu state. Fan goes high. Battery does
not last very much.

5) I need a debian package for xwindow patched with dynamicpm. Where can
I find one?

6) How can I also automatically regulate cpu throttling?

8) Fglrx drivers works with acpi?

Wow!  Many questions! Thanks in advance for any reply!

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-10-11 14:39 UTC | newest]