* Mesh UpdateModelConfiguration not invoked
@ 2020-11-21 16:00 Michael N. Moran
From: Michael N. Moran @ 2020-11-21 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth; +Cc: Stotland, Inga, Gix, Brian

Hi Meshers,

I have a BlueZ Mesh application that implements some mesh client models.

When I use the Attach(), I receive all of the configuration for the node. Among other things, this includes AppKey bindings for the models as expected.

However, if I add/remove AppKey bindings from the provisioner/configuration application (e.g. mesh-cfgclient), I expect my client application to receive a org.bluez.mesh.Element1 UpdateModelConfiguration() with the new bindings. This does not happen.

Are my expectations wrong?

I'm running 'bluetooth-meshd --nodetach --debug --dbus-debug'.

I don't see any d-bus or other failures in the daemon output.

If I kill my client application and restart it (Attach), I then receive all of the correct/new bindings.

I have looked at the mesh daemon code and it seems to come down to the use of cfg_update_mod_bindings() and whether or not the node is an "External model" or an "Internal model". Obviously, my client application is classified as an "Internal model", which skips the cfg_update_mod_bindings().

I suspect that this is an oversight in the daemon, but I'm not sure how to proceed.

Thanks,

mike

--
Michael N. Moran           (h) 770 704 9751
218 Wilshire Terrace       (c) 678 521 5460

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-11-21 16:00 UTC | newest]