* [Bluez-users] Bluetooth Printing
@ 2004-11-09 15:52 Dave Givens
From: Dave Givens @ 2004-11-09 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bluez-users

Marcel ,
    I contacted you a couple of weeks ago about this problem. I have
since started from scratch and re-installed Fedora Core 2. I have
installed as a server and have made sure that I have the latest updates
available. I still cannot connect to the printer, but when running
gnome-bluetooth-admin, I can see the bluetooth print adapter listed but
no services for it.

I have kernel 2.6.8-1.521

    I have tried to install via the print manager and the web front end,
but no bluetooth device is listed in the drop down menu. What have I not
done?

Dave Givens

* Re: [Bluez-users] Bluetooth Printing
@ 2004-11-09 16:22 ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2004-11-09 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Dave,

>     I contacted you a couple of weeks ago about this problem. I have
> since started from scratch and re-installed Fedora Core 2. I have
> installed as a server and have made sure that I have the latest updates
> available. I still cannot connect to the printer, but when running
> gnome-bluetooth-admin, I can see the bluetooth print adapter listed but
> no services for it.
>
> I have kernel 2.6.8-1.521
>
>     I have tried to install via the print manager and the web front end,
> but no bluetooth device is listed in the drop down menu. What have I not
> done?

I don't know what's the Fedore Core 2 problem, but actually SuSE 9.2 and
Debian Sarge/Sid are working perfect. May you should give Fedore Core 3
a try or choose one of the others.

Regards

Marcel