* ELSA 0.4 Released
@ 2004-12-17 15:00 Guillaume Thouvenin
From: Guillaume Thouvenin @ 2004-12-17 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lkml; +Cc: guillaume.thouvenin, elsa-announce, elsa-devel

Hello,

    ELSA is an Enhanced Linux System Accounting. We propose a solution
for managing groups of processes without kernel modifications. We
provide a per-job accounting instead of the classical per-process
accounting. Work can be split into the following parts :

     1. A LSM hook
     2. A kernel module
     3. A user space daemon
     4. Per-process accounting informations (external like
        BSD-accounting)
     5. A user space application

ChangeLog:

    In this version we add support for several job for a given process.
Until now, a process only belongs to one given job. This is too
restrictive. For example, if you want to do accounting for all ssh
sessions, you add the main ssh daemon in a job and like that, all
connections are added and accounting can be done. The problem occurs if
you also want to do accounting inside a session. As the session's pid is
already in a job, you can not add it in another job. ELSA 0.4 removes
this major problem.

    We also submit the fork historic module for reviewing. We hope to
integrate it into the -mm tree.

    All informations to download and install ELSA 0.4 are available on
the ELSA website

  http://elsa.sourceforge.net

Every comments, feedbacks and suggestions are welcome,
Best regards,

 The ELSA Team.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-12-17 15:01 UTC | newest]