* Issue in man page uri.7
@ 2022-12-04  9:07 Helge Kreutzmann
From: Helge Kreutzmann @ 2022-12-04  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alx.manpages; +Cc: mario.blaettermann, linux-man

Without further ado, the following was found:

Issue:    Gopher selector string → Gopher type selector string?

"I<selector> is the Gopher selector string.  In the Gopher protocol, Gopher "
"selector strings are a sequence of octets which may contain any octets "
"except 09 hexadecimal (US-ASCII HT or tab), 0A hexadecimal (US-ASCII "

* Re: Issue in man page uri.7
@ 2022-12-04 20:13 ` Alejandro Colomar
From: Alejandro Colomar @ 2022-12-04 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Helge Kreutzmann; +Cc: mario.blaettermann, linux-man

On 12/4/22 10:07, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> Without further ado, the following was found:
>
> Issue:    Gopher selector string → Gopher type selector string?

I don't know :)

Please send a patch, and CC previous contributors to that page (Jakub Wilk has
participated in discussions about that page recently, he may be able to help).

Cheers,

Alex

--
<http://www.alejandro-colomar.es/>

* Re: Issue in man page uri.7
@ 2022-12-05 16:54   ` Helge Kreutzmann
From: Helge Kreutzmann @ 2022-12-05 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alejandro Colomar; +Cc: mario.blaettermann, linux-man

Hello Alejandro,
On Sun, Dec 04, 2022 at 09:13:05PM +0100, Alejandro Colomar wrote:
> On 12/4/22 10:07, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> > Without further ado, the following was found:
> >
> > Issue:    Gopher selector string → Gopher type selector string?
>
> I don't know :)
>
> Please send a patch, and CC previous contributors to that page (Jakub Wilk
> has participated in discussions about that page recently, he may be able to
> help).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Alex
>

> > "I<selector> is the Gopher selector string.  In the Gopher protocol, Gopher"
> > "selector strings are a sequence of octets which may contain any octets"
> > "except 09 hexadecimal (US-ASCII HT or tab), 0A hexadecimal (US-ASCII"

I mark this WONTFIX. I don't have the capacity to find additional
people and contact them and discuss issues with them.

If you feel the report has merits for review, then please forward them
to those concerned. If not, then please tell me so I mark them
WONTFIX.

Please remember, we translators often note inconsistencies (because we
need to decide how to translate different terms differently) but we
are not deeply into the technical part - so we just might think it is
the same but of course for people "in the know" these are clearly
different concepts.

Greetings

          Helge

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Issue in man page uri.7
@ 2022-12-05 17:09 ` Jakub Wilk
From: Jakub Wilk @ 2022-12-05 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Helge Kreutzmann; +Cc: Alejandro Colomar, Mario Blättermann, linux-man

* Helge Kreutzmann <debian@helgefjell.de>, 2022-12-04 10:07:
>Issue:    Gopher selector string → Gopher type selector string?

No, it's just "selector", not "type selector".
See RFC 4266, section 2.1.

(Can we add that RFC reference to the man page, so that's it's easier to
find?)

--
Jakub Wilk

* Re: Issue in man page uri.7
@ 2022-12-05 17:16   ` Helge Kreutzmann
From: Helge Kreutzmann @ 2022-12-05 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jakub Wilk; +Cc: Alejandro Colomar, Mario Blättermann, linux-man

Hello Jakub,
On Mon, Dec 05, 2022 at 06:09:25PM +0100, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> * Helge Kreutzmann <debian@helgefjell.de>, 2022-12-04 10:07:
> > Issue:    Gopher selector string → Gopher type selector string?
>
> No, it's just "selector", not "type selector".
> See RFC 4266, section 2.1.
>
> (Can we add that RFC reference to the man page, so that's it's easier to
> find?)

A little bit up in that page it says (several similar times):
msgid "gopher://I<ip_server>/I<gophertype selector>"
                                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thus I assumed, it should be "gopher type selector" here as well.

Looks a little confusing.

Greetings

         Helge

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Issue in man page uri.7
@ 2022-12-05 20:18   ` Alejandro Colomar
From: Alejandro Colomar @ 2022-12-05 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jakub Wilk, Helge Kreutzmann; +Cc: Mario Blättermann, linux-man

Hi Jakub!

On 12/5/22 18:09, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> * Helge Kreutzmann <debian@helgefjell.de>, 2022-12-04 10:07:
>> Issue:    Gopher selector string → Gopher type selector string?
>
> No, it's just "selector", not "type selector".
> See RFC 4266, section 2.1.
>
> (Can we add that RFC reference to the man page, so that's it's easier to find?)

Sure, please send a patch.
Thanks for looking into this!

Cheers,

Alex

--

@ 2022-12-30  8:57     ` Jakub Wilk
From: Jakub Wilk @ 2022-12-30  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Helge Kreutzmann; +Cc: Alejandro Colomar, Mario Blättermann, linux-man

* Helge Kreutzmann <debian@helgefjell.de>, 2022-12-05 18:16:
>>>Issue:    Gopher selector string → Gopher type selector string?
>>
>>No, it's just "selector", not "type selector".
>>See RFC 4266, section 2.1.
>>
>>(Can we add that RFC reference to the man page, so that's it's easier
>>to find?)
>
>A little bit up in that page it says (several similar times):
>msgid "gopher://I<ip_server>/I<gophertype selector>"
>                                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was confused for a moment with this too. There are two variables here,
one is "grophertype" and the other is "selector". They are described in
separate paragraphs.

The way it's typeset in the RFC makes it clearer:

--
Jakub Wilk

* Issue in man page uri.7
@ 2022-03-13 12:34 Helge Kreutzmann
From: Helge Kreutzmann @ 2022-03-13 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mtk.manpages; +Cc: mario.blaettermann, linux-man

Without further ado, the following was found:

Issue:   Gopher selector string → Gopher type selector string?

"I<selector> is the Gopher selector string.  In the Gopher protocol, Gopher "
"selector strings are a sequence of octets which may contain any octets "
"except 09 hexadecimal (US-ASCII HT or tab), 0A hexadecimal (US-ASCII "
"character LF), and 0D (US-ASCII character CR)."