* Kernel panic still happens due to bug in connlimit on kernel 2.6.11
@ 2005-06-05 11:54 Ari Sundholm
From: Ari Sundholm @ 2005-06-05 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter-devel

Hello!

(Please CC me as I am not subscribed)

I recently ran into kernel panics with my shiny new 2.6.11 kernel. After
a lot of grief I found out that the connlimit module used to have a bug
which lead into an inevitable NULL pointer dereference and a panic.
After removing all iptables rules using connlimit and rebooting I got no
further panics during 48 hours - the kernel would panic in less than 10
hours when the rules were still there. This was highly suggestive that
there was still something wrong. And indeed, there was: the original
problem was never fixed!

I found out that a patch had been discussed and apparently found good
(on May 19). Someone was supposed to commit the patch. However, it seems
the patch was never committed - I took a look at the SVN trunk for
pom-ng today.

Please fix this at your earliest convenience.

Best regards,

Ari Sundholm
megari@freedb.org
Author of cddbcomp - THE Delphi component for freedb access
Moderator of freedb forums
freedb core team
Support languages: Finnish, English, German, Swedish
DISCLAIMER: Despite being part of the freedb team I only represent myself unless otherwise noted. Freedb is in no way responsible for my actions or opinions.

* Re: Kernel panic still happens due to bug in connlimit on kernel 2.6.11
@ 2005-06-05 23:03 ` Damon Gray
From: Damon Gray @ 2005-06-05 23:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ari Sundholm; +Cc: netfilter-devel

My patch is good, I've been running 2.6.11.7 with my changes for a while
now. Not sure why it hasn't been submitted into SVN yet as I don't have
submit privs.

-Damon-

@ 2005-06-11 15:03   ` Patrick McHardy
From: Patrick McHardy @ 2005-06-11 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Damon Gray; +Cc: netfilter-devel, Ari Sundholm

Damon Gray wrote:

> My patch is good, I've been running 2.6.11.7 with my changes for a while
> now. Not sure why it hasn't been submitted into SVN yet as I don't have
> submit privs.

I've committed it to svn now.

Regards
Patrick