* Updated PATA libata patch set
@ 2005-12-13 14:12 Alan Cox
From: Alan Cox @ 2005-12-13 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

I've uploaded another patchset versus 2.6.14-mm2. When 2.6.15 is
behaving and settled I'll update to that but for now the less unknowns
the better when debugging.

The major updates this release are:

- Big update to the ata_piix driver. Add MWDMA support, fix numerous
bugs in the original code and ide/pci/piix.c. Should be as functional as
the ide/pci code if not better but no doubt has a few new bugs to
replace the old ones.

- Drivers for original piix and mpiix (broken and unsupported by the
ide/pci piix driver)

- LBA48 PIO/LBA28 DMA support now working

- ALI UDMA (no MWDMA yet)

- IT8212 LBA48 size locking for smart mode

- IRQ mask support for old controllers

http://zeniv.linux.org.uk/~alan/IDE

Please give it a test and let me know what works/fails.

Alan

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-12-13 14:12 UTC | newest]