* Re: Hoontech C-Port ice1712 midi in
@ 2006-02-14 23:26   ` Lee Revell
From: Lee Revell @ 2006-02-14 23:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Geoff Beasley; +Cc: alsa-devel

On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 10:09 +0000, Geoff Beasley wrote:
> Is there anything that can be done to get the midi-in on these devices
> funtional ? I would be happy to allow access to one of my machines via ssh to
> one of the devs for testing etc if that would help.

This is the first I've heard of it not working.  Where's the bug report?

Lee

* Re: Hoontech C-Port ice1712 midi in
@ 2006-02-15  9:23     ` Clemens Ladisch
From: Clemens Ladisch @ 2006-02-15  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lee Revell; +Cc: Geoff Beasley, alsa-devel

Lee Revell wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 10:09 +0000, Geoff Beasley wrote:
> > Is there anything that can be done to get the midi-in on these devices
> > funtional ?

It seems neither Hoontech nor the guy who wrote the Windows driver
remember how this card is wired.  I got the source code of the box
configuration program two years ago and changed the driver accordingly,
but it didn't help.  I'm not sure if the complete driver source does
exist anymore.

I guess the whole Windows driver would have to be reverse engineered.

> This is the first I've heard of it not working.  Where's the bug report?

Bugs 55 and 1161.

Regards,
Clemens

* Hoontech C-Port ice1712 midi in
       [not found] <20060214212401.D519412502@sc8-sf-spam2.sourceforge.net>
@ 2006-02-15 10:09 ` Geoff Beasley
From: Geoff Beasley @ 2006-02-15 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Is there anything that can be done to get the midi-in on these devices
funtional ? I would be happy to allow access to one of my machines via ssh to
one of the devs for testing etc if that would help.

best,

g.