* ELKS Website Fixer-Upper
@ 2006-05-02 13:05 Jody
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Jody @ 2006-05-02 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux-8086

Well, everyone, it looks like I have everything short of admin
privileges now, so I'll see what I can do about cleaning up this mess
over the next couple of weeks.  Feel free to shoot any kind of
suggestions you may have about the website my way.  The first two things
that I think would be appropriate to do is to actually release "ELKS
0.1.3" that never was released in a tarball, and throw up a small
memorial page for the late RHW.

Anything else?

Jody

* Re: ELKS Website Fixer-Upper
@ 2006-05-02 13:53 ` Hans
From: Hans @ 2006-05-02 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jody, Linux-8086

Hi Jody,

That is good news! I would add to your list fixing of the archive list since
I am sure a lot of good knowledge is embedded in the old emails. For the
memorial page, perhaps we can use the news article that Michael send around?
not sure about copyrights though.

Hans
www.ht-lab.com

> Well, everyone, it looks like I have everything short of admin privileges
> now, so I'll see what I can do about cleaning up this mess over the next
> couple of weeks.  Feel free to shoot any kind of suggestions you may have
> about the website my way.  The first two things that I think would be
> appropriate to do is to actually release "ELKS 0.1.3" that never was
> released in a tarball, and throw up a small memorial page for the late
> RHW.
>
> Anything else?
>
> Jody
> -
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-8086" in

* Re: ELKS Website Fixer-Upper
@ 2006-05-02 14:03 ` Alan Cox
From: Alan Cox @ 2006-05-02 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jody; +Cc: Linux-8086

On Maw, 2006-05-02 at 09:05 -0400, Jody wrote:
> Anything else?

Nothing springs immediately to mind.

Alan

* Re: ELKS Website Fixer-Upper
@ 2006-05-02 19:51 ` Segin
From: Segin @ 2006-05-02 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jody; +Cc: Linux-8086

Jody wrote:
> Well, everyone, it looks like I have everything short of admin
> privileges now, so I'll see what I can do about cleaning up this mess
> over the next couple of weeks.  Feel free to shoot any kind of
> suggestions you may have about the website my way.  The first two things
> that I think would be appropriate to do is to actually release "ELKS
> 0.1.3" that never was released in a tarball, and throw up a small
> memorial page for the late RHW.
>
> Anything else?
>
> Jody
> -
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-8086" in

I have a wonderful idea, listen:
We collect our late friend's emails sent to this newsgroup on ELKS. Put
them into a random message generator, and make a fortune page with
edited emails, semi-edited emails, unedited emails, unedited quotes, and
edited quotes. The emails bit is easy, just a matter of collecting them
from the archive, the quotes is where we look at the emails, and take
our our trusty yellow highlighter and select the best (and worst) of
RHW's quotes.

Sounds like a nice memberance, don't you agree?

--
The real problem with C++ for kernel modules is: the language just sucks.
	-- Linus Torvalds