* coreutils status
@ 2006-09-18 23:45 Chris PeBenito
From: Chris PeBenito @ 2006-09-18 23:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Meyering, James Antill; +Cc: SELinux Mail List

What is the status of the selinux patches for coreutils going upstream?

--
Chris PeBenito
<pebenito@gentoo.org>

Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE6AF9243
Key fingerprint = B0E6 877A 883F A57A 8E6A  CB00 BC8E E42D E6AF 9243

* Re: coreutils status
@ 2006-09-19  7:02 ` Jim Meyering
From: Jim Meyering @ 2006-09-19  7:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris PeBenito; +Cc: James Antill, SELinux Mail List

Chris PeBenito <pebenito@gentoo.org> wrote:
> What is the status of the selinux patches for coreutils going upstream?

The code changes are mostly done, but I need more tests
and some documentation.

The changes are disruptive enough that they won't go in
until after the upcoming stable release.

* Re: coreutils status
@ 2006-12-01  5:33   ` Chris PeBenito
From: Chris PeBenito @ 2006-12-01  5:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Meyering; +Cc: James Antill, SELinux Mail List

On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 09:02 +0200, Jim Meyering wrote:
> Chris PeBenito <pebenito@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > What is the status of the selinux patches for coreutils going upstream?
>
> The code changes are mostly done, but I need more tests
> and some documentation.
>
> The changes are disruptive enough that they won't go in
> until after the upcoming stable release.

Any updates on this?  I don't see it in CVS, and it looks like there's
been four stable releases since the above.  Is there a patch that we can
test?

--

@ 2006-12-01 16:36     ` Jim Meyering
From: Jim Meyering @ 2006-12-01 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris PeBenito; +Cc: James Antill, SELinux Mail List

Chris PeBenito <pebenito@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 09:02 +0200, Jim Meyering wrote:
>> Chris PeBenito <pebenito@gentoo.org> wrote:
>> > What is the status of the selinux patches for coreutils going upstream?
>>
>> The code changes are mostly done, but I need more tests
>> and some documentation.
>>
>> The changes are disruptive enough that they won't go in
>> until after the upcoming stable release.
>
> Any updates on this?  I don't see it in CVS, and it looks like there's
> been four stable releases since the above.  Is there a patch that we can
> test?

Exactly!  There have been reasons to make six stable releases
since coreutils-6.0.  But I think it finally does qualify as stable.

Merging those changes is high on my list.
I will probably work on it next week.

Where are the patches?
They're in a mercurial tree that's based off of a snapshot
from CVS, and now that coreutils is using git for version control,
I'll be merging them onto a git branch.  Once that merge is complete,
you should be able to see them here:

  http://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=coreutils.git;a=summary

Some pieces will probably make it into gnulib before then.