* I2O_EXT_ADAPTEC_DMA64
@ 2007-01-31 16:56 Ben Guthro
From: Ben Guthro @ 2007-01-31 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel

For about the past week (perhaps a bit longer) I have been unable to use
an automated script to build xen-unstable on a 32 bit machine.

The build continues to ask about the following build parameter:
I2O_EXT_ADAPTEC_DMA64

Choosing the default (Y) allows the build to continue to completion.

After a little research, it looks like this parameter was pulled out of
linux-defconfig_xen_x86_32 in changeset 13509: 4fad820a2233 by Christian
Limpach during the update to 2.6.17

http://xenbits2.xensource.com/xen-unstable.hg?diff/4fad820a2233/buildconfigs/linux-defconfig_xen_x86_32;style=rev%3D%2B%2509buildconfigs%252Flinux

My question is -
If this was intentionally pulled out of the buildconfig - what am I
doing wrong?
Alternately
If this was an unintended result of the merge - would you accept a
simple patch to fix this?

Regards,
Ben Guthro

Ben Guthro                                         Virtual Iron Software
bguthro@virtualiron.com                            Tower 1, Floor 2
978-849-1203                                       900 Chelmsford Street
                                                   Lowell, MA 01851

* Re: I2O_EXT_ADAPTEC_DMA64
@ 2007-02-01 17:51 ` Keir Fraser
From: Keir Fraser @ 2007-02-01 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Guthro, xen-devel

On 31/1/07 16:56, "Ben Guthro" <bguthro@virtualiron.com> wrote:

> My question is -
> If this was intentionally pulled out of the buildconfig - what am I
> doing wrong?
> Alternately
> If this was an unintended result of the merge - would you accept a
> simple patch to fix this?

I think this is broken since we enabled building PAE target by default. I'll
add it back in.

 -- Keir