* Re: Kernel halted after patching RT_PREEMPT patch with NO DEBUG MESSEGE
       [not found] <C5065F118AFB3D478B052FC1E9810D9C2A0EE2@tec-mail.ttec.soc-soft.com>
@ 2007-02-14 16:32 ` Steven Rostedt
From: Steven Rostedt @ 2007-02-14 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alim Akhtar; +Cc: linux-kernel, linux-rt-users, Ingo Molnar, tglx

Please do not post to LKML (or to any Linux related site) in any other
format than plain text.  That alone will get you ignored most of the
time.

On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 18:11 +0530, Alim Akhtar wrote:
> hI all
>

> I have applied patch-2.6.18-rt7 to linux-2.6.18, patching no issues,
> compilation no issues but when I tried to boot the same its hanged
> without giving and kernel oops or any bug. Absolutely no clue on this.
> Please suggest me what went wrong. I am totally stuck up with this.

Have you tried the 2.6.19-rt or 2.6.20-rt series?

[...]

> Freeing init memory: 72K
>
> Opened Initial Console successful.
>

> <After this line its halted>

What happened to the BUG_ON that you were experiencing before? Did you
change that code?

-- Steve

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-02-14 16:33 UTC | newest]