* Omap update for post 2.6.20 posted
@ 2007-01-26 22:51 Tony Lindgren
From: Tony Lindgren @ 2007-01-26 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-omap-open-source

Hi all,

I've updated the patch series for upstream and posted it to RMK's
patch tracking system. The git tree of the patches is available at:

http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap-upstream.git;a=summary

And the upstream patches are in a branch like upstream-2007-01-26.

There are currently 87 patches in the series, I'll keep updating
that series based on comments from RMK. The patches  in RMK's
patch system are at:

http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/patches/viewpatch.php?id=4113/1
http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/patches/viewpatch.php?id=4114/1
http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/patches/viewpatch.php?id=4115/1
http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/patches/viewpatch.php?id=4116/1

Assuming we get these applied, we'll be switching over to using
the mainline tree for core omap stuff :) Only dsp code and sti
console will not be included.

Regards,

Tony

* Re: Omap update for post 2.6.20 posted
@ 2007-01-27  7:34 ` Dirk Behme
From: Dirk Behme @ 2007-01-27  7:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tony Lindgren; +Cc: linux-omap-open-source

Tony Lindgren wrote:
> I've updated the patch series for upstream and posted it to RMK's
> patch tracking system. The git tree of the patches is available at:
>
> http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap-upstream.git;a=summary
>
> And the upstream patches are in a branch like upstream-2007-01-26.
>
> There are currently 87 patches in the series, I'll keep updating
> that series based on comments from RMK. The patches  in RMK's
> patch system are at:
>
> http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/patches/viewpatch.php?id=4113/1
> http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/patches/viewpatch.php?id=4114/1
> http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/patches/viewpatch.php?id=4115/1
> http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/patches/viewpatch.php?id=4116/1
>
> Assuming we get these applied, we'll be switching over to using
> the mainline tree for core omap stuff :) Only dsp code and sti
> console will not be included.

Great!

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Dirk

* Re: Omap update for post 2.6.20 posted
@ 2007-01-31 19:30   ` Tony Lindgren
From: Tony Lindgren @ 2007-01-31 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dirk Behme; +Cc: linux-omap-open-source

* Dirk Behme <dirk.behme@googlemail.com> [070126 23:34]:
> Tony Lindgren wrote:
> >I've updated the patch series for upstream and posted it to RMK's
> >patch tracking system. The git tree of the patches is available at:
> >
> >http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap-upstream.git;a=summary
> >
> >And the upstream patches are in a branch like upstream-2007-01-26.
> >
> >There are currently 87 patches in the series, I'll keep updating
> >that series based on comments from RMK. The patches  in RMK's
> >patch system are at:
> >
> >http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/patches/viewpatch.php?id=4113/1
> >http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/patches/viewpatch.php?id=4114/1
> >http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/patches/viewpatch.php?id=4115/1
> >http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/patches/viewpatch.php?id=4116/1
> >
> >Assuming we get these applied, we'll be switching over to using
> >the mainline tree for core omap stuff :) Only dsp code and sti
> >console will not be included.
>
> Great!
>
> I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I've rebased the tree against 2.6.20-rc7, the new branch name is
upstream-2007-01-31. Also added Dirk's IRQF_ conversion patch
and fixed some whitespace issues with the earlier patches.

The individual patches for quilt are available at:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tmlind/patches/

(The new series will be there as soon as it gets mirrorred)

@ 2007-02-05 18:27     ` Tony Lindgren
From: Tony Lindgren @ 2007-02-05 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dirk Behme; +Cc: linux-omap-open-source

* Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com> [070131 11:37]:
> * Dirk Behme <dirk.behme@googlemail.com> [070126 23:34]:
> > Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > >I've updated the patch series for upstream and posted it to RMK's
> > >patch tracking system. The git tree of the patches is available at:
> > >
> > >http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap-upstream.git;a=summary
> > >
> > >And the upstream patches are in a branch like upstream-2007-01-26.
> > >
> > >There are currently 87 patches in the series, I'll keep updating
> > >that series based on comments from RMK. The patches  in RMK's
> > >patch system are at:
> > >
> > >http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/patches/viewpatch.php?id=4113/1
> > >http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/patches/viewpatch.php?id=4114/1
> > >http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/patches/viewpatch.php?id=4115/1
> > >http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/patches/viewpatch.php?id=4116/1
> > >
> > >Assuming we get these applied, we'll be switching over to using
> > >the mainline tree for core omap stuff :) Only dsp code and sti
> > >console will not be included.
> >
> > Great!
> >
> > I'll keep my fingers crossed.
>
> I've rebased the tree against 2.6.20-rc7, the new branch name is
> upstream-2007-01-31. Also added Dirk's IRQF_ conversion patch
> and fixed some whitespace issues with the earlier patches.
>
> The individual patches for quilt are available at:
>
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tmlind/patches/
>
> (The new series will be there as soon as it gets mirrorred)

Rebased against 2.6.20 and remove the earlier branches to avoid
confusion.

@ 2007-02-14 22:34       ` Kevin Hilman
From: Kevin Hilman @ 2007-02-14 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tony Lindgren; +Cc: linux-omap-open-source

On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 10:27 -0800, Tony Lindgren wrote:

> Rebased against 2.6.20 and remove the earlier branches to avoid
> confusion.

Tony,

Have you heard anything from RMK on these?  How likely are these to go
into 2.6.21?

Kevin

* Re: Omap update for post 2.6.20 posted
@ 2007-02-14 23:23         ` Tony Lindgren
From: Tony Lindgren @ 2007-02-14 23:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevin Hilman; +Cc: linux-omap-open-source

Hi,

* Kevin Hilman <khilman@mvista.com> [070214 14:34]:
> On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 10:27 -0800, Tony Lindgren wrote:
>
> > Rebased against 2.6.20 and remove the earlier branches to avoid
> > confusion.
>
> Tony,
>
> Have you heard anything from RMK on these?  How likely are these to go
> into 2.6.21?

I'm waiting on RMK for second round of comments. I guess he is pretty
busy and is saying he is out of time.

I've asked him if it would help if I left out some patches so he would
have more time to look at them. No response yet though.

Regards,

Tony