* Documentation For Writing a Split Driver
@ 2007-02-15 20:33 Ryan Riley
From: Ryan Riley @ 2007-02-15 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel

I've spent the last few weeks digging around in Xen code and old
documentation to produce my own simple split driver for 3.0.4-2 to
handle some logging stuff that I'm doing.  In the process, I quickly
discovered that the Wiki documentation for adding a new driver to Xen is
a little lacking.  Is there any interest in me documenting any/all of
the following and contributing it?
-Creating a backend/frontend skeleton driver and adding it to the kernel.
-Modifying xend and xm to initialize the XenStore for it.  (and hence
get the probe functions to be called)
-Setting up event channels
-Setting up a ring buffer
-Sharing memory pages between domains (basically the grant tables)

Thanks
Ryan