* [U-Boot-Users] Help Needed !!!
@ 2007-02-27 11:16 Deepak $ehrawat
From: Deepak $ehrawat @ 2007-02-27 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi all,

   I am new to U-Boot. I am trying to port U-Boot on to a proprietary board
based on MPC8560. I am facing following problems :

  1)  PHY device is not being configured ( or initialized ) in ether_fcc.c (
cpu/mpc85xx  directory ). Why?  Aren't we suppose to configure PHY device
when FCC is being used as an ethernet device ? ( as is being done in case of
TSEC in driver/tsec.c )

  2) Has anyone configured BCM5464 ( a PHY device ) connected to TSEC ? If
yes, then can you please send to me the related files (e.g driver/tsec.c )

Regards,
DEEPAK SEHRAWAT
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [U-Boot-Users] Help Needed !!!
@ 2007-02-27 13:52 ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2007-02-27 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

In message <c672ad400702270316y68cd263fo86a72af817c7624@mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

>   1)  PHY device is not being configured ( or initialized ) in ether_fcc.c (
> cpu/mpc85xx  directory ). Why?  Aren't we suppose to configure PHY device
> when FCC is being used as an ethernet device ? ( as is being done in case of
> TSEC in driver/tsec.c )

Device get only initialized when actually used by U-Boot.

Stop posting HTML here!

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."

* [U-Boot-Users] Help Needed !!!
@ 2007-02-27 15:12 ` Ben Warren
From: Ben Warren @ 2007-02-27 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Deepak,

On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 16:46 +0530, Deepak $ehrawat wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>    I am new to U-Boot. I am trying to port U-Boot on to a proprietary
> board based on MPC8560. I am facing following problems :
>
>   1)  PHY device is not being configured ( or initialized ) in
> ether_fcc.c ( cpu/mpc85xx  directory ). Why?  Aren't we suppose to
> configure PHY device when FCC is being used as an ethernet device ?
> ( as is being done in case of TSEC in driver/tsec.c )

As Wolfgang mentioned, devices are only configured once used.  Is this
what you're seeing?
>   2) Has anyone configured BCM5464 ( a PHY device ) connected to
> TSEC ? If yes, then can you please send to me the related files (e.g
> driver/tsec.c )

I'm not aware of any drivers for this PHY being submitted.  If you have
a datasheet with PHY memory map, writing a driver should be fairly
straight-forward.  Broadcom's very protective of their datasheets, but
if your company has an NDA it should be do-able.

regards,
Ben