* Help: git-quiltimport error
@ 2007-03-27 17:01 Bryan Wu
From: Bryan Wu @ 2007-03-27 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git, Eric Biederman

Hi folks,

When I am using latest git-quiltimport, I met following errors.

$git-quiltimport --dry-run --author "Bryan Wu <bryan.wu@analog.com>" --patches "/home/roc/mm-tree/patches"
/usr/local/bin/git-quiltimport: 114: Syntax error: Missing '))'

Could you please help me on this?

Thanks
-Bryan Wu

* Re: Help: git-quiltimport error
@ 2007-03-27 22:49 ` Jakub Narebski
From: Jakub Narebski @ 2007-03-27 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Bryan Wu wrote:

> When I am using latest git-quiltimport, I met following errors.
>
> $git-quiltimport --dry-run --author "Bryan Wu <bryan.wu@analog.com>" \
>                  --patches "/home/roc/mm-tree/patches"
> /usr/local/bin/git-quiltimport: 114: Syntax error: Missing '))'
>
> Could you please help me on this?

While at it, would it be hard to add --fast option which would make
git-quiltimport to use git-fast-import mechanism?

--
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland

* Re: Help: git-quiltimport error
@ 2007-03-28  3:49   ` Wu, Bryan
From: Wu, Bryan @ 2007-03-28  3:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jakub Narebski, Eric Biederman; +Cc: git

On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 00:49 +0200, Jakub Narebski wrote:
> Bryan Wu wrote:
>
> > When I am using latest git-quiltimport, I met following errors.
> >
> > $git-quiltimport --dry-run --author "Bryan Wu <bryan.wu@analog.com>" \
> >                  --patches "/home/roc/mm-tree/patches"
> > /usr/local/bin/git-quiltimport: 114: Syntax error: Missing '))'
> >
> > Could you please help me on this?
>
> While at it, would it be hard to add --fast option which would make
> git-quiltimport to use git-fast-import mechanism?

oh, can this fix the bug?
I am trying to import -mm series patch set to a git tree. Is there any
git command similar with quilt push/pop? I am trying StGit, but it can't
recognize the commits from git-quiltimport. Could you give me some
hints?

@ 2007-03-28  4:04     ` Wu, Bryan
From: Wu, Bryan @ 2007-03-28  4:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bryan.wu; +Cc: Jakub Narebski, Eric Biederman, git

On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 11:49 +0800, Wu, Bryan wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 00:49 +0200, Jakub Narebski wrote:
> > Bryan Wu wrote:
> >
> > > When I am using latest git-quiltimport, I met following errors.
> > >
> > > $git-quiltimport --dry-run --author "Bryan Wu <bryan.wu@analog.com>" \
> > >                  --patches "/home/roc/mm-tree/patches"
> > > /usr/local/bin/git-quiltimport: 114: Syntax error: Missing '))'
> > >
> > > Could you please help me on this?
> >
> > While at it, would it be hard to add --fast option which would make
> > git-quiltimport to use git-fast-import mechanism?
> >

> oh, can this fix the bug?
> I am trying to import -mm series patch set to a git tree. Is there any
> git command similar with quilt push/pop? I am trying StGit, but it can't
> recognize the commits from git-quiltimport. Could you give me some
> hints?

Oh, maybe guilt is a good choice.

@ 2007-03-29 16:48     ` Catalin Marinas
From: Catalin Marinas @ 2007-03-29 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bryan.wu; +Cc: Jakub Narebski, Eric Biederman, git

"Wu, Bryan" <bryan.wu@analog.com> wrote:
> oh, can this fix the bug?
> I am trying to import -mm series patch set to a git tree. Is there any
> git command similar with quilt push/pop? I am trying StGit, but it can't
> recognize the commits from git-quiltimport. Could you give me some
> hints?

You could either import with 'stg import --series' directly or, if you
had already done git-quiltimport, just run 'stg uncommit -n ...'
passing it the number of commits you want transformed in patches.

Note that with a huge series like the -mm one, the git tools like
StGIT (or guilt, but haven't tried it) are much slower compared to
plain quilt.

--
Catalin