* [Bluez-devel] Fwd: Re: Unable to set number of SCO buffers : please upgrade your Kernel !
@ 2007-04-29  5:08 John Frankish
From: John Frankish @ 2007-04-29  5:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BlueZ development

I tried a couple of things over the last few days:

1. Tried to find the archives to search for an earlier
sco-flowcontrol patch that might have been submitted by Fabien - no
luck, where are the archives?

2. I compiled bluez-libs/bluez-utils 3.9 to see if plugz would work
better with this - I ran into the same pin problem as before in that
I don't get a pin pop-up on my machine. If I set security to auto in
hcid.conf then I can pair with my cell phone since I can enter a pin
on the phone but this does not work with a bluetooth headset since I
cannot enter a pin and hcid just sits there waiting...

# hcid -n
hcid[32062]: Bluetooth HCI daemon
hcid[32062]: HCI dev 0 registered
hcid[32062]: HCI dev 0 already up
hcid[32062]: Device hci0 has been added
hcid[32062]: Starting security manager 0
hcid[32062]: Device hci0 has been activated
hcid[32062]: link_key_request (sba=00:10:C6:56:F4:9F, dba=00:0A:D9:E8:4A:65)

btsco works fine with the same setup and bluez-libs/utils 2.15, but I
would rather use plugz so any help would be welcome.

Regards
John

>Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 09:56:03 +0400
>From: John Frankish <frankish@dubai.oilfield.slb.com>
>Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Unable to set number of SCO buffers :
>please upgrade
>  your Kernel !
>Sender: bluez-devel-bounces@lists.sourceforge.net
>To: BlueZ development <bluez-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
>
>Brad,
>
>Whilst it's reasonably difficult to move to a newer kernel in DSL-N,
>the main reason for making plugz work on this kernel is that I can
>then make it available as a DSL-N extension for many others to use.
>
>I tried the diff2 patch on my kernel - it ran with about 5 failures,
>4 of which I added manually. After reboot, I had the same SCO buffers
>error message. I wonder - does plugz need a certain version revision
>of bluez-utils or will it work with any version? I am using
>bluez-utils 2.15 as I cannot make the "pin" part of things work on
>DSL-N with later versions.
>
>Where would Fabien have put the earlier SCO patch?
>
>Thanks
>John
>
>At 17:45 24-04-07, you wrote:
> >John
> >
> > > The earliest patch in the cvs is v2.0 for 2.6.18-mh7 - given that I
> > > have 2.6.12 (DSL-N is like Knoppix, you cannot easily update the
> > > kernel), is there a patch archive somewhere with a patch closer to my
> > > kernel or do I need to try and apply the patch "manually"?
> >
> >Fabien may have submitted an early patch that is closer to your kernel
> >but rather than backport or dig in the archives I suggest you consider
> >trying a newer kernel.
> >
> >Brad

* Re: [Bluez-devel] Fwd: Re: Unable to set number of SCO buffers : please upgrade your Kernel !
@ 2007-04-29  8:23 ` Reiner Klenk
From: Reiner Klenk @ 2007-04-29  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BlueZ development

On Sun, 2007-04-29 at 09:08 +0400, John Frankish wrote:

> 2. I compiled bluez-libs/bluez-utils 3.9 to see if plugz would work
> better with this - I ran into the same pin problem as before in that
> I don't get a pin pop-up on my machine. If I set security to auto in
> hcid.conf then I can pair with my cell phone since I can enter a pin
> on the phone but this does not work with a bluetooth headset since I
> cannot enter a pin and hcid just sits there waiting...
I have seen something like this, where the problem appeared to be that
the pin helper could not pop up its window due to authorization failure.
If this is the case, it helps to "xhost +".

Hth,
Reiner
--
debb1046 (gmail, gtalk, jabber.org, ekiga.net, last.fm, skype)