* Packet marking in user queue with VWMARK
@ 2007-10-12 18:30 Jorch
From: Jorch @ 2007-10-12 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

Hi,

Can somebody please give me an example how to mark & match packets
with vwmark and iptables in user queue.

I have patched the kernel (2.6.18) and iptables (1.3.8) to support
vwmark. Both progs compiles and installs ok and queue works normaly with
ipq_set_verdict but not with ipq_set_vwmark.

If vwmark is not recommended style to mark packets in user space, what is???

Regs.
-jori

* Re: Packet marking in user queue with VWMARK
@ 2007-10-13 22:05 ` Eric Leblond
From: Eric Leblond @ 2007-10-13 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jorch; +Cc: netfilter

Le vendredi 12 octobre 2007 à 21:30 +0300, Jorch a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Can somebody please give me an example how to mark & match packets
> with vwmark and iptables in user queue.
>
> I have patched the kernel (2.6.18) and iptables (1.3.8) to support
> vwmark. Both progs compiles and installs ok and queue works normaly with
> ipq_set_verdict but not with ipq_set_vwmark.

Please switch your program to work with libnetfilter_queue. It has
default support for packet marking.

A code example can be found at :
http://software.inl.fr/trac/trac.cgi/browser/mirror/edenwall/nufw/trunk/nufw/src/nufw/authsrv.c

BR,
--
Eric Leblond <eric@inl.fr>
INL

[-- Attachment #2: Ceci est une partie de message numériquement signée --]

* Re: Packet marking in user queue with VWMARK
@ 2007-10-14 19:30   ` Jorch
From: Jorch @ 2007-10-14 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

Eric Leblond wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le vendredi 12 octobre 2007 à 21:30 +0300, Jorch a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> Can somebody please give me an example how to mark & match packets
>> with vwmark and iptables in user queue.
>>
>> I have patched the kernel (2.6.18) and iptables (1.3.8) to support
>> vwmark. Both progs compiles and installs ok and queue works normaly with
>> ipq_set_verdict but not with ipq_set_vwmark.

Got vwmark workin after i noticed i had bad test scenario to test the prog.
System works with marking and verdicts but when i try to inject modified packet
back to queue, queue seems to drop packet every time(any ideas??)

> Please switch your program to work with libnetfilter_queue. It has
> default support for packet marking.

If i would find some kind of installation/usage manual from somewhere it would
be great!! I have tried to get libnetfilter_queue work for several hours now
and no success. libnfnetlink 0.0.16 and libnetfilter_queue 0.0.13 compiles ok
against kernel and installs ok.

The test program (nfqnl_test) wich comes in libnetfilter_queue packet, can
open library handle but unbinding or binding causes
"NFNETLINK answers: Invalid argument" message.

BTW: I got many hits to netfilter.org/pipermail/... When i was trying to get
more information of the libnetfilter_queue, i noticed that there are man page
for libnetfilter_queue in address
http://lists.netfilter.org/pipermail/netfilter-devel/2006-February/023488.html
but for me: Forbidden, You don't have permission...

> A code example can be found at :
> http://software.inl.fr/trac/trac.cgi/browser/mirror/edenwall/nufw/trunk/nufw/src/nufw/authsrv.c
>
> BR,

Regs.