* [Bluez-users] device doesn't support
@ 2007-11-15  7:52 jm
From: jm @ 2007-11-15  7:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-users

Hi!

I want to know if my dongle supports the HCI_Write_Page_Timeout command,
so I do:

#hcitool -i hci0 cmd 0x04 0x0003 (informational commands, read supported
commands)

and I get:

< HCI Command: ogf 0x04, ocf 0x0003, plen 0
 > HCI Event: 0x0e plen 12
  01 03 10 00 FF FF 8F FE 9B F9 00 80
                                       ^
According to this results, the dongle supports HCI_Write_Page_Timeout,
but I am getting 12 octets instead of 16 (BT spec.), Why?

Am I doing something wrong? Something related to bit-byte ordering?
Is the information returned by hcitool correct? Please reply.

Thanks!

JM

* Re: [Bluez-users] device doesn't support
@ 2007-11-15 17:58 ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2007-11-15 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BlueZ users

Hi,

> I want to know if my dongle supports the HCI_Write_Page_Timeout command,
> so I do:
>
> #hcitool -i hci0 cmd 0x04 0x0003 (informational commands, read supported
> commands)
>
> and I get:
>
> < HCI Command: ogf 0x04, ocf 0x0003, plen 0
>  > HCI Event: 0x0e plen 12
>   01 03 10 00 FF FF 8F FE 9B F9 00 80
>                                        ^
> According to this results, the dongle supports HCI_Write_Page_Timeout,
> but I am getting 12 octets instead of 16 (BT spec.), Why?
>
> Am I doing something wrong? Something related to bit-byte ordering?
> Is the information returned by hcitool correct? Please reply.

and another decoding question where you could simple let hcidump -X -V
do it for you. Also calling hciconfig hci0 pageto would tell you if the
command works or not. Including hciconfig hci0 commands if you wanna get
this specific list of supported commands.

There are manual pages available for every Bluetooth command. Please
read them first before posting.

Regards

Marcel