* Support for Sangoma A200 card using pci_add?
@ 2008-03-26  4:55 Randy Terbush
From: Randy Terbush @ 2008-03-26  4:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kvm-devel

I've been sifting through docs and code to try to figure out if I can
actually expose this Sangoma card to a virtual container running Asterisk.

I've found reference to pci_add, but have yet to figure out what it takes to
build my kvm with pci_add function.

Is it possible to do what I am attempting with pci_add? Or other method?

Appreciate any help.

just about anything Open Source.

* Re: Support for Sangoma A200 card using pci_add?
@ 2008-03-26  8:34 ` Dor Laor
From: Dor Laor @ 2008-03-26  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Randy Terbush; +Cc: kvm-devel

On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 22:55 -0600, Randy Terbush wrote:
> I've been sifting through docs and code to try to figure out if I can
> actually expose this Sangoma card to a virtual container running
> Asterisk.

You mean to connect a physical pci card to a virtual machine.
This is what we call pci pass through. There's work in progress to make
it happen, it's not yet stable at the moment but probably be in several
months from now (even less for unmerged patches).

> I've found reference to pci_add, but have yet to figure out what it
> takes to build my kvm with pci_add function.

It is in mainline kvm.