* [Bluez-devel] Some bluez-gnome 1.2 bugs
@ 2008-09-05  7:51 Fabien Chevalier
From: Fabien Chevalier @ 2008-09-05  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BlueZ development

Hi all,

I just started to play recently with bluez 4.x.

I found at least two very annoying bugs in the bluez-gnome-1.2 wizard:
   - On my debian testing system,  the wizard does not allow me to enter
the pin code. The pin code just gets displayed a fraction of second an
then disappears. As a consequence the default 123456 pin code gets used
and pairing fails.
   - If i try to go back to the first wizard page where my bluetooth
device is displayed, it is already selected. I have no way to go to the

Cheers,

Fabien

[-- Attachment #2: snap.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 17817 bytes --]

* Re: [Bluez-devel] Some bluez-gnome 1.2 bugs
@ 2008-09-05 16:58 ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2008-09-05 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BlueZ development

Hi Fabien,

> I just started to play recently with bluez 4.x.
>
> I found at least two very annoying bugs in the bluez-gnome-1.2 wizard:
>    - On my debian testing system,  the wizard does not allow me to enter
> the pin code. The pin code just gets displayed a fraction of second an
> then disappears. As a consequence the default 123456 pin code gets used
> and pairing fails.

I am working on improving the PIN handling way, but at the same time I
have to make sure that it works with Simple Pairing and in the most
simple way. It is not that easy.

Also for some devices the PIN code needs to be random instead of 123456.

>    - If i try to go back to the first wizard page where my bluetooth
> device is displayed, it is already selected. I have no way to go to the

Hold shift while selecting to unselect and then select again. I know
that this is broken.

Regards

Marcel

* Re: [Bluez-devel] Some bluez-gnome 1.2 bugs
@ 2008-09-08 17:37   ` Fabien Chevalier
From: Fabien Chevalier @ 2008-09-08 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BlueZ development

Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Fabien,
>
>> I just started to play recently with bluez 4.x.
>>
>> I found at least two very annoying bugs in the bluez-gnome-1.2 wizard:
>>    - On my debian testing system,  the wizard does not allow me to enter
>> the pin code. The pin code just gets displayed a fraction of second an
>> then disappears. As a consequence the default 123456 pin code gets used
>> and pairing fails.
>
> I am working on improving the PIN handling way, but at the same time I
> have to make sure that it works with Simple Pairing and in the most
> simple way. It is not that easy.

I just retried with the latest 1.3 release. This time i am able to pair
my headset. :-)

> Also for some devices the PIN code needs to be random instead of 123456.
>
>>    - If i try to go back to the first wizard page where my bluetooth
>> device is displayed, it is already selected. I have no way to go to the
>
> Hold shift while selecting to unselect and then select again. I know
> that this is broken.

Looks you fixed that too :-).

Thanks,

Fabien

@ 2008-09-08 18:06     ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2008-09-08 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BlueZ development

Hi Fabien,

> >> I just started to play recently with bluez 4.x.
> >>
> >> I found at least two very annoying bugs in the bluez-gnome-1.2 wizard:
> >>    - On my debian testing system,  the wizard does not allow me to enter
> >> the pin code. The pin code just gets displayed a fraction of second an
> >> then disappears. As a consequence the default 123456 pin code gets used
> >> and pairing fails.
> >
> > I am working on improving the PIN handling way, but at the same time I
> > have to make sure that it works with Simple Pairing and in the most
> > simple way. It is not that easy.
>
> I just retried with the latest 1.3 release. This time i am able to pair
> my headset. :-)

it is not perfect yet. Just a quick hack to pick 0000 as PIN code for
headset devices.

> > Also for some devices the PIN code needs to be random instead of 123456.
> >
> >>    - If i try to go back to the first wizard page where my bluetooth
> >> device is displayed, it is already selected. I have no way to go to the
> >
> > Hold shift while selecting to unselect and then select again. I know
> > that this is broken.
>
> Looks you fixed that too :-).

It was actually pretty simple to fix.

Regards