* Re: [LTP] Support of WIFI and W-LAN test cases in LTP
       [not found] <9a14a0630903130632s36a7f059hd093d30e97f894eb@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2009-03-13 16:47 ` Subrata Modak
From: Subrata Modak @ 2009-03-13 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rahul Baliyan
  Cc: ltp-list, Jouni Malinen, Luis Carlos Cobo, linux-wireless,
	John W. Linville, Luis R. Rodriguez, Johannes Berg,
	Jouni.Malinen

Hi,

On Fri, 2009-03-13 at 19:02 +0530, rahul Baliyan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Pl.  confirm if LTP contains the test cases of W-LAN and WI-FI.

Nope. We do not have till now. However, we initiated some discussion
some 6 months back in the same mailing list regarding Wireless Mesh
Netwoking tests. Please follow the following thread:

http://marc.info/?t=121969812900007&r=1&w=2&n=4,

There are some tests already avilable. We need somebody to volunteer to
bring them to some shape so that they can be automated and then
integrated inside LTP. Would you be ready to do that ?

Regards--
Subrata

@ 2009-03-17  6:55   ` Subrata Modak
From: Subrata Modak @ 2009-03-17  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rahul Baliyan
  Cc: ltp-list, Luis Carlos Cobo, Jouni Malinen, linux-wireless,
	John W. Linville, Luis R. Rodriguez, Johannes Berg,
	Jouni.Malinen

Hi Rahul,

On Fri, 2009-03-13 at 22:17 +0530, Subrata Modak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 2009-03-13 at 19:02 +0530, rahul Baliyan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Pl.  confirm if LTP contains the test cases of W-LAN and WI-FI.
>
> Nope. We do not have till now. However, we initiated some discussion
> some 6 months back in the same mailing list regarding Wireless Mesh
> Netwoking tests. Please follow the following thread:
>
> http://marc.info/?t=121969812900007&r=1&w=2&n=4,
>
> There are some tests already avilable. We need somebody to volunteer to
> bring them to some shape so that they can be automated and then
> integrated inside LTP. Would you be ready to do that ?

Would you like to take up my proposal ?

Regards--
Subrata

@ 2009-03-18 19:42     ` Luis R. Rodriguez
From: Luis R. Rodriguez @ 2009-03-18 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: subrata
  Cc: rahul Baliyan, ltp-list, Luis Carlos Cobo, Jouni Malinen,
	linux-wireless, John W. Linville, Johannes Berg, Jouni.Malinen

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 11:55 PM, Subrata Modak
<subrata@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
> Hi Rahul,
>
> On Fri, 2009-03-13 at 22:17 +0530, Subrata Modak wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Fri, 2009-03-13 at 19:02 +0530, rahul Baliyan wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Pl. =C2=A0confirm if LTP contains the test cases of W-LAN and WI-F=
I.

>> Nope. We do not have till now. However, we initiated some discussion
>> some 6 months back in the same mailing list regarding Wireless Mesh
>> Netwoking tests. Please follow the following thread:
>>
>> http://marc.info/?t=3D121969812900007&r=3D1&w=3D2&n=3D4,
>>
>> There are some tests already avilable. We need somebody to volunteer=
>> bring them to some shape so that they can be automated and then
>> integrated inside LTP. Would you be ready to do that ?
>
> Would you like to take up my proposal ?

BTW I've stashed a Linux wireless testing entry in the Linux
=46oundation GSoC, hopefully that can be merged back into LTP.

https://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Google_Summer_of_Code_2009#Automatio=
n_of_testing_using_mac80211_hwsim_and_Orbit

  Luis
s" in

* Re: [LTP] Support of WIFI and W-LAN test cases in LTP
@ 2009-03-19  7:00       ` Subrata Modak
From: Subrata Modak @ 2009-03-19  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luis R. Rodriguez
  Cc: rahul Baliyan, ltp-list, Luis Carlos Cobo, Jouni Malinen,

On Wed, 2009-03-18 at 12:42 -0700, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 11:55 PM, Subrata Modak
> <subrata@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
> > Hi Rahul,
> >
> > On Fri, 2009-03-13 at 22:17 +0530, Subrata Modak wrote:
> >> Hi,

> >> Nope. We do not have till now. However, we initiated some discussion
> >> some 6 months back in the same mailing list regarding Wireless Mesh
> >> Netwoking tests. Please follow the following thread:
> >>
> >> http://marc.info/?t=121969812900007&r=1&w=2&n=4,
> >>
> >> There are some tests already avilable. We need somebody to volunteer to
> >> bring them to some shape so that they can be automated and then
> >> integrated inside LTP. Would you be ready to do that ?
> >
> > Would you like to take up my proposal ?
>
> BTW I've stashed a Linux wireless testing entry in the Linux
> Foundation GSoC, hopefully that can be merged back into LTP.
>
> https://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Google_Summer_of_Code_2009#Automation_of_testing_using_mac80211_hwsim_and_Orbit

Thanks. That would be really great. Send me the automation test patch
when it is ready with some results, etc.

Regards--
Subrata

@ 2009-06-23 14:48           ` Subrata Modak
From: Subrata Modak @ 2009-06-23 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luis R. Rodriguez
  Cc: ltp-list, Luis Carlos Cobo, Jouni Malinen, linux-wireless,
	John W. Linville, rahul Baliyan, Johannes Berg, Jouni.Malinen

On Thu, 2009-03-19 at 12:30 +0530, Subrata Modak wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-03-18 at 12:42 -0700, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 11:55 PM, Subrata Modak
> > <subrata@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
> > > Hi Rahul,

> > > Would you like to take up my proposal ?
> >
> > BTW I've stashed a Linux wireless testing entry in the Linux
> > Foundation GSoC, hopefully that can be merged back into LTP.
> >
> > https://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Google_Summer_of_Code_2009#Automation_of_testing_using_mac80211_hwsim_and_Orbit

Hi,

Is somebody working on this, and still interested to contribute the same
to LTP ?

Regards--
Subrata

From: Subrata Modak @ 2009-06-23 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luis R. Rodriguez
  Cc: ltp-list, Luis Carlos Cobo, Jouni Malinen, linux-wireless,

@ 2009-06-23 15:31             ` Luis R. Rodriguez
From: Luis R. Rodriguez @ 2009-06-23 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: subrata, Georgy Berdyshev
  Cc: ltp-list, Luis Carlos Cobo, Jouni Malinen, linux-wireless,
	John W. Linville, rahul Baliyan, Johannes Berg, Jouni.Malinen

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 7:48 AM, Subrata
Modak<subrata@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-03-19 at 12:30 +0530, Subrata Modak wrote:
>> On Wed, 2009-03-18 at 12:42 -0700, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:

>> > BTW I've stashed a Linux wireless testing entry in the Linux
>> > Foundation GSoC, hopefully that can be merged back into LTP.
>> >
>> > https://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Google_Summer_of_Code_2009#Automation_of_testing_using_mac80211_hwsim_and_Orbit
>>

> Hi,
>
> Is somebody working on this, and still interested to contribute the same
> to LTP ?

Yes, the idea is to hopefully contribute it back to LTP. Or have LTP
use it. I've added Georgy, the student working on this project.

  Luis

From: Luis R. Rodriguez @ 2009-06-23 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: subrata, Georgy Berdyshev
  Cc: ltp-list, Luis Carlos Cobo, Jouni Malinen, linux-wireless,

@ 2009-06-23 22:08               ` Georgy Berdyshev
From: Georgy Berdyshev @ 2009-06-23 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luis R. Rodriguez
  Cc: subrata, ltp-list, Luis Carlos Cobo, Jouni Malinen,
	linux-wireless, John W. Linville, rahul Baliyan, Johannes Berg,
	Jouni.Malinen

Hi,

Luis did already mention that the idea is to contribute things back to
LTP or have LTP use it.
In case that there is some work going on, I would like to merge those
tests also into my project
and later on extend the work with LTP.

In any case, feel free to contact me.

Regards, Georgy

--
Georgy Berdyshev

GPG key: 830F68C5
Fingerprint: 0379 ED5A BEE5 65A8 7BD5  31E7 F5B4 1EC7 830F 68C5

From: Georgy Berdyshev @ 2009-06-23 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luis R. Rodriguez
  Cc: ltp-list, Luis Carlos Cobo, Jouni Malinen, linux-wireless,

--

@ 2009-06-25  9:10                 ` Subrata Modak
From: Subrata Modak @ 2009-06-25  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Georgy Berdyshev
  Cc: Luis R. Rodriguez, ltp-list, Luis Carlos Cobo, Jouni Malinen,

On Tue, 2009-06-23 at 19:08 -0300, Georgy Berdyshev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Luis did already mention that the idea is to contribute things back to
> LTP or have LTP use it.

Great to hear that again. I was trying to figure out the status of that
work ? When is it expected to complete, any idea ?

Regards--
Subrata

From: Subrata Modak @ 2009-06-25  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Georgy Berdyshev
  Cc: ltp-list, Luis R. Rodriguez, Jouni Malinen, linux-wireless,
	John W. Linville, rahul Baliyan, Luis Carlos Cobo, Johannes Berg,

@ 2009-09-13 13:16                   ` Subrata Modak
From: Subrata Modak @ 2009-09-13 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Georgy Berdyshev
  Cc: ltp-list, Luis R. Rodriguez, Jouni Malinen, linux-wireless,
	John W. Linville, rahul Baliyan, Luis Carlos Cobo, Johannes Berg,
	Jouni.Malinen

Hi Georgy,

On Thu, 2009-06-25 at 14:40 +0530, Subrata Modak wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-06-23 at 19:08 -0300, Georgy Berdyshev wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Luis did already mention that the idea is to contribute things back to
> > LTP or have LTP use it.

Any headway towards Code contribution to LTP ?

Regards--
Subrata

From: Subrata Modak @ 2009-09-13 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Georgy Berdyshev
  Cc: ltp-list, Luis R. Rodriguez, Jouni Malinen, linux-wireless,

@ 2009-09-27 18:15                     ` Subrata Modak
From: Subrata Modak @ 2009-09-27 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Georgy Berdyshev
  Cc: ltp-list, Luis R. Rodriguez, Jouni Malinen, linux-wireless,

On Sun, 2009-09-13 at 18:46 +0530, Subrata Modak wrote:
> Hi Georgy,
>
> On Thu, 2009-06-25 at 14:40 +0530, Subrata Modak wrote:
> > On Tue, 2009-06-23 at 19:08 -0300, Georgy Berdyshev wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Luis did already mention that the idea is to contribute things back to
> > > LTP or have LTP use it.
> >

> Any headway towards Code contribution to LTP ?

Ping.

From: Subrata Modak @ 2009-09-27 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Georgy Berdyshev
  Cc: ltp-list, Luis R. Rodriguez, Jouni Malinen, linux-wireless,

@ 2009-09-27 19:52                       ` Luis R. Rodriguez
From: Luis R. Rodriguez @ 2009-09-27 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: subrata
  Cc: Georgy Berdyshev, ltp-list, Jouni Malinen, linux-wireless,
	John W. Linville, rahul Baliyan, Luis Carlos Cobo, Johannes Berg,
	Jouni.Malinen

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 11:15 AM, Subrata Modak
<subrata@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-09-13 at 18:46 +0530, Subrata Modak wrote:
>> Hi Georgy,

>> Any headway towards Code contribution to LTP ?
>
> Ping.

The GSoC student fell off from the face of the earth without even
notice so the project was never finished. The project is up for grabs
for anyone now to implement.

  Luis

From: Luis R. Rodriguez @ 2009-09-27 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: subrata
  Cc: ltp-list, Luis Carlos Cobo, Jouni Malinen, linux-wireless,
	Georgy Berdyshev, John W. Linville, rahul Baliyan, Johannes Berg,