From: Tyler Mills <tmills@pavlovmedia.com>
To: "Luis R. Rodriguez" <lrodriguez@atheros.com>
Cc: linux-wireless <linux-wireless@vger.kernel.org>,
	"linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org" <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>,
	"ath9k-devel@lists.ath9k.org" <ath9k-devel@lists.ath9k.org>
Subject: Re: [ath9k-devel] Atheros Linux wireless support - ramifications of reverse engineering alien technology
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 13:54:41 -0500	[thread overview]

So obvious, c'mon man!
-----Original Message-----
From: Luis R. Rodriguez <lrodriguez@atheros.com>
To: linux-wireless <linux-wireless@vger.kernel.org>,
linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>,
ath9k-devel@lists.ath9k.org <ath9k-devel@lists.ath9k.org>
Subject: [ath9k-devel] Atheros Linux wireless support - ramifications of
reverse engineering alien technology
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 13:47:33 -0500

Fellow Linux wireless hackers,

We regret to inform you that Atheros is no longer going to be working
with the upstream Linux kernel community. We have received notice from
the Atheros Alien Reverse Engineering Division (AARED) that we have
given away too much information by opening up our drivers, furthermore
our batch of newly arrived organic-based wireless technology at AARED
is far too advanced and current wireless research cannot explain our
achieved max thoughput figures which violate The Shannon Theorem [1].
The AARED also fears that the FOSS community will start creating
communication portals to parallel universes with our hardware[2], a
feature which is theoretically possible with our latest organic-based
wireless technology, but unfortunately cannot be allowed due to
regulatory consideration near the Council Chambers of Zion [3].

We may be able to address the communication portal regulatory
considerations through CRDA [4] and for this we do ask for you advice,
but please be aware that we already are facing hard questions from the
NSA, specifically from Agent Smith [5]. The NSA ultimately fears that
the alien community we have reversed engineered their wireless
technology from may be watching us and may soon start sending hostile
ships to earth for retribution, these concerns are coming directly
from The Architect [6].

  The Atheros Linux team

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shannon_theorem
[2] http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=the-great-cosmic-roller-coaster-ride