* Dell Latitude E6530 keymap
@ 2013-03-24 23:21 Stephen Gildea
From: Stephen Gildea @ 2013-03-24 23:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-hotplug

I have a Dell Latitude E6530 laptop
(system vendor "Dell Inc.", product name "Latitude E6530").
A few of the keys are mapped incorrectly:

Fn+F5, Touchpad Toggle
----------------------

Fn+F5 is labeled on my keyboard with a "touchpad" icon, and in
udev 198, the line in /lib/udev/keymaps/dell for it is this:

0x9E f21 #touchpad toggle

Since we know it is "touchpad toggle" (and I confirm it is), and there
is a key name for that, how about changing this line to read thusly:

0x9E touchpad_toggle # Fn+F5

In the same "dell" file, 0xD9 is mapped the same ("f21 # touchpad toggle");
perhaps it also should be changed to send a real touchpad_toggle?

Fn+F8, LCD/CRT Switch
---------------------

Fn+F8 is labeled on my keyboard with an "LCD/CRT" icon.
It sends two keycodes: Left_Win (aka "leftmeta"), then "p".
Can we get it to appear as a single "switchvideomode" key?
(If this is outside udev's domain, where should I look?)

Fn+End, Prnt Scrn
-----------------

The SysRq (Fn+Home) and Prnt Scrn (Fn+End) keys both send the same
scan code, 0xB7, which is mapped to "sysrq".  How can I get Prnt Scrn
to send something unique?

 < Stephen

* Re: Dell Latitude E6530 keymap
@ 2013-03-26  0:46 ` Dmitry Torokhov
From: Dmitry Torokhov @ 2013-03-26  0:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-hotplug

On Sunday, March 24, 2013 04:21:24 PM Stephen Gildea wrote:
> I have a Dell Latitude E6530 laptop
> (system vendor "Dell Inc.", product name "Latitude E6530").
> A few of the keys are mapped incorrectly:
>
> Fn+F5, Touchpad Toggle
> ----------------------
>
> Fn+F5 is labeled on my keyboard with a "touchpad" icon, and in
> udev 198, the line in /lib/udev/keymaps/dell for it is this:
>
> 0x9E f21 #touchpad toggle
>
> Since we know it is "touchpad toggle" (and I confirm it is), and there
> is a key name for that, how about changing this line to read thusly:
>
> 0x9E touchpad_toggle # Fn+F5
>
> In the same "dell" file, 0xD9 is mapped the same ("f21 # touchpad toggle");
> perhaps it also should be changed to send a real touchpad_toggle?

Unfortunately X can't deal with keycodes above 255 :(

--
Dmitry