* Supportive (TV) hardware manufactures/companies
@ 2009-06-03  9:47 Paul Menzel
From: Paul Menzel @ 2009-06-03  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

Dear list,

I am planning on buying (USB) DVB-T hardware. One of my criteria is to
buy a product from a company supporting GNU/Linux or free driver
development (code, hardware, etc.).

I did only find this message [1] about TechnoTrend Görler GmbH and
Terratec has an extra URL for GNU/Linux [2].

There were no information about manufacturers supporting free drivers in
the German article about hardware support in the Linux kernel in the
Linux Magazin 8/2008 [3 »Webcams und DVB-Empfänger«, not yet freely
available].

Could you please give me some information about this, what buying
decision would most profit your goals/free drivers.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-media@vger.kernel.org/msg05625.html
[2] http://linux.terratec.de/