* Homepage outdated
@ 2009-06-03 21:53 Felix Zielcke
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Felix Zielcke @ 2009-06-03 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GRUB 2

(CCing Okuji so he hopefully reads this)

The homepage still says grub2 is under development and the FAQ says:
It is usable, but we are still making incompatible changes from time to
time. Stabilizing the features is planned in November, 2008

November 2008 has already been past.
So what are the plans now?
Would it be okay if I would just remove that we're still doing
incomatible changes and that part about stabilizing the features?
I don't think that there will be any incompatible changes in the near
future or am I wrong?

Okuji somewhere said that he want's to make a release after reviewing
all recent changes but I failed to find it in the archives.

Vesa once brought up the ReleasePlanning page on Wiki but that topic
died very fast [0].

[0] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2008-09/msg00169.html
--
Felix Zielcke

* Re: Homepage outdated
@ 2009-06-03 22:15 ` Felix Zielcke
From: Felix Zielcke @ 2009-06-03 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GRUB 2; +Cc: Yoshinori K. Okuji

Am Mittwoch, den 03.06.2009, 23:53 +0200 schrieb Felix Zielcke:
> (CCing Okuji so he hopefully reads this)

Args actually forgot to CC him.

@ 2009-06-03 23:25 ` Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko
From: Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko @ 2009-06-03 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GRUB 2

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 11:53 PM, Felix Zielcke <fzielcke@z-51.de> wrote:
> (CCing Okuji so he hopefully reads this)
>
> The homepage still says grub2 is under development and the FAQ says:
> It is usable, but we are still making incompatible changes from time to
> time. Stabilizing the features is planned in November, 2008
>
> November 2008 has already been past.
> So what are the plans now?
> Would it be okay if I would just remove that we're still doing
> incomatible changes and that part about stabilizing the features?
> I don't think that there will be any incompatible changes in the near
> future or am I wrong?
I proposed an incompatible change into bsd partition numbering (purely
numerical) and nobody opposed. I'll implement it asap (week at most)

> Okuji somewhere said that he want's to make a release after reviewing
> all recent changes but I failed to find it in the archives.
>
> Vesa once brought up the ReleasePlanning page on Wiki but that topic
> died very fast [0].
>
> [0] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2008-09/msg00169.html
> --
> Felix Zielcke

Regards

@ 2009-06-09 10:10 ` Felix Zielcke
From: Felix Zielcke @ 2009-06-09 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GRUB 2

Am Mittwoch, den 03.06.2009, 23:53 +0200 schrieb Felix Zielcke:
> (CCing Okuji so he hopefully reads this)
>
> The homepage still says grub2 is under development and the FAQ says:
> It is usable, but we are still making incompatible changes from time to
> time. Stabilizing the features is planned in November, 2008
>
> November 2008 has already been past.
> So what are the plans now?
> Would it be okay if I would just remove that we're still doing
> incomatible changes and that part about stabilizing the features?
> I don't think that there will be any incompatible changes in the near
> future or am I wrong?
>
> Okuji somewhere said that he want's to make a release after reviewing
> all recent changes but I failed to find it in the archives.
>
> Vesa once brought up the ReleasePlanning page on Wiki but that topic
> died very fast [0].
>
> [0] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2008-09/msg00169.html

No other comments?
The FAQ mentions that GRUB 2 is being ported to RiscOS/ARM but AFAICS
that process has stopped 2006 and that it's being ported to coreboot.
Robert shouldn't we change this that GRUB 2 now runs under coreboot?

--
Felix Zielcke

* Re: Homepage outdated
@ 2009-06-09 12:06   ` Felix Zielcke
From: Felix Zielcke @ 2009-06-09 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The development of GRUB 2

Am Dienstag, den 09.06.2009, 12:10 +0200 schrieb Felix Zielcke:
> Am Mittwoch, den 03.06.2009, 23:53 +0200 schrieb Felix Zielcke:
> > (CCing Okuji so he hopefully reads this)
> >
> > The homepage still says grub2 is under development and the FAQ says:
> > It is usable, but we are still making incompatible changes from time to
> > time. Stabilizing the features is planned in November, 2008
> >
> > November 2008 has already been past.
> > So what are the plans now?
> > Would it be okay if I would just remove that we're still doing
> > incomatible changes and that part about stabilizing the features?
> > I don't think that there will be any incompatible changes in the near
> > future or am I wrong?
> >
> > Okuji somewhere said that he want's to make a release after reviewing
> > all recent changes but I failed to find it in the archives.
> >
> > Vesa once brought up the ReleasePlanning page on Wiki but that topic
> > died very fast [0].
> >
> > [0] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2008-09/msg00169.html
>
> No other comments?
> The FAQ mentions that GRUB 2 is being ported to RiscOS/ARM but AFAICS
> that process has stopped 2006 and that it's being ported to coreboot.
> Robert shouldn't we change this that GRUB 2 now runs under coreboot?

As Acked-by Robert on IRC I changed it now.
and I changed the FAQ that it doestn't say anymore that stabilizing the
features is planned in November, 2008
and I removed the RiscOS/ARM port.
--
Felix Zielcke