* Enabling Netfilter LOG hangs the System
@ 2009-09-15 12:43 Ritesh Majumdar
From: Ritesh Majumdar @ 2009-09-15 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter-devel

Hello List,

I am using kernel 2.6.11 and iptables v1.2.9.

I have LOG enabled to log tcp packets. and configured syslog to write
into /var/log/messages.

Every time logrotate restarts syslogd the system goes for a reboot. I am
not getting to know the exact problem with the system.

But when I disable iptables Logging, syslogd restart fine.

Please help !!!

Many Thanks,
Ritesh.

* Re: Enabling Netfilter LOG hangs the System
@ 2009-09-17 11:09 ` Patrick McHardy
From: Patrick McHardy @ 2009-09-17 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ritesh Majumdar; +Cc: netfilter-devel

Ritesh Majumdar wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I am using kernel 2.6.11 and iptables v1.2.9.
>
> I have LOG enabled to log tcp packets. and configured syslog to write
> into /var/log/messages.
>
> Every time logrotate restarts syslogd the system goes for a reboot. I am
> not getting to know the exact problem with the system.
>
> But when I disable iptables Logging, syslogd restart fine.

2.6.11 is more than four years old, please update to a recent kernel
and send a new report if the problem persists.