* TSC: call for volunteers
@ 2009-09-17 17:18 Phil Blundell
From: Phil Blundell @ 2009-09-17 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

One item on the agenda for the forthcoming OEDEM is the appointment of a
technical steering committee to provide engineering direction to the
project.

The TSC will be elected by, and ultimately answerable to, the members of
OE e.V.  On a day-to-day basis the TSC will be responsible for making
tactical policy decisions, resolving disputes between contributors,
administering access control to the git tree, and generally promoting
good development practice.

If you wish to nominate yourself (or anybody else!) as a candidate for
the TSC, please send me an email containing a one-paragraph summary of
why you think you are well suited to the job.  I will collate the
nominations and present them to the members for consideration.

thanks

p.

* Re: TSC: call for volunteers
@ 2009-09-17 21:56 ` Richard Purdie
From: Richard Purdie @ 2009-09-17 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Thu, 2009-09-17 at 18:18 +0100, Phil Blundell wrote:
> If you wish to nominate yourself (or anybody else!) as a candidate for
> the TSC, please send me an email containing a one-paragraph summary of
> why you think you are well suited to the job.  I will collate the
> nominations and present them to the members for consideration.

I'd like to volunteer:

I'm a long standing OE developer and member of the community who has
extensive experience with the core elements of the system having
successfully developed and handled many significant OE architectural
improvements. My role as the lead developer and maintainer of bitbake
gives me insight into the core workings of the project and as the
architect of Poky, I also understand the needs of derived projects. As
part of the former 'core team' I've also experience in mediation and in
guiding the project. I'd like to use this experience for the benefit of
the TSC.

Cheers,

Richard

--
Richard Purdie
Intel Open Source Technology Centre

* Re: TSC: call for volunteers
@ 2009-09-17 22:32 ` Koen Kooi
From: Koen Kooi @ 2009-09-17 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On 17-09-09 19:18, Phil Blundell wrote:

> If you wish to nominate yourself (or anybody else!) as a candidate for
> the TSC, please send me an email containing a one-paragraph summary of
> why you think you are well suited to the job.  I will collate the
> nominations and present them to the members for consideration.

That looks like a great single point of failure to me, wouldn't it be
better to cc the oe-devel and/or oe-members list?

regards,

Koen