* how best to report results of my kernel tree scanning scripts?
@ 2009-09-26 12:16 Robert P. J. Day
From: Robert P. J. Day @ 2009-09-26 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

  since the merge window appears to be ready to close fairly soon(?),
i'm prepping to run my scanning scripts once again to identify (among
other things):

  * unused Kconfig CONFIG variables
  * references to CONFIG_ variables that don't even exist (both in
    source files and Makefiles)
  * references to non-existent header files

and bunches of other things.  i'm open as to the best way to post the
results, since different people have different opinions.

  and, no, i can't just submit patches since, in many cases, i have no
idea what the fix should be (if any) -- that's the kind of decision
best left to the respective subsystem maintainers.

  thoughts?  this is where i put the old output:

http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/Kernel_cleanup

rday