* Re: [oe-commits] Koen Kooi : opkg-native: bump to r522 to get a fix to remove duplicate messages from do_rootfs logs
       [not found] <E1Nhfko-0005KL-8Z@melo.openembedded.org>
@ 2010-02-17 20:18 ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2010-02-17 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Wed, 2010-02-17 at 08:59 +0000, git version control wrote:
> Module: openembedded.git
> Branch: org.openembedded.dev
> Commit: 74501117c261f743c76ae3c2988cbcfdc141cf3a
>
> Author: Koen Kooi <koen@openembedded.org>
> Date:   Tue Feb 16 13:08:53 2010 +0100
>
> opkg-native: bump to r522 to get a fix to remove duplicate messages from do_rootfs logs

I'd like to RFC that we do something like:
OPKGREV ?= "522"
SRCREV_pn-opkg ?= "${OPKGREV}"
SRCREV_pn-opkg-native ?= "${OPKGREV}"
SRCREV_pn-opkg-sdk ?= "${OPKGREV}"

And if -nogpg or what have you is broken, it either gets fixed or the
distribution takes advantage of that ?=.  It seems a bit silly,
especially given the nature of the fixes, to split things up like this.
Heck, assuming 521 -> 522 is the patch from RP, the original report was
for on target opkg, not do_rootfs, even if it's the same bug that's been
there since shortly after ipkg -> opkg transition.

--
Tom Rini <tom_rini@mentor.com>
Mentor Graphics Corporation

* Re: [oe-commits] Koen Kooi : opkg-native: bump to r522 to get a fix to remove duplicate messages from do_rootfs logs
@ 2010-02-17 21:22   ` Koen Kooi
From: Koen Kooi @ 2010-02-17 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

* Re: [oe-commits] Koen Kooi : opkg-native: bump to r522 to get a fix to remove duplicate messages from do_rootfs logs
@ 2010-02-17 21:43     ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2010-02-17 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Wed, 2010-02-17 at 22:22 +0100, Koen Kooi wrote:

> On 17-02-10 21:18, Tom Rini wrote:
> > On Wed, 2010-02-17 at 08:59 +0000, git version control wrote:
> >> Module: openembedded.git
> >> Branch: org.openembedded.dev
> >> Commit: 74501117c261f743c76ae3c2988cbcfdc141cf3a
> >>
> >> Author: Koen Kooi <koen@openembedded.org>
> >> Date:   Tue Feb 16 13:08:53 2010 +0100
> >>
> >> opkg-native: bump to r522 to get a fix to remove duplicate messages from do_rootfs logs
> >
> > I'd like to RFC that we do something like:
> > OPKGREV ?= "522"
> > SRCREV_pn-opkg ?= "${OPKGREV}"
> > SRCREV_pn-opkg-native ?= "${OPKGREV}"
> > SRCREV_pn-opkg-sdk ?= "${OPKGREV}"
> >
> > And if -nogpg or what have you is broken, it either gets fixed or the
> > distribution takes advantage of that ?=.
>
> I haven't been able to properly test a target opkg yet, so no bump for
> that. Unless people would like broken opkg binaries on their target ;)

Seriously tho, this isn't the first or fifth time the revs have gotten
wildly out of sync.  I'm suggesting that we want to keep them together,
intentionally.  We don't say we have different versions of gcc or bison
between native and target.  This is possibly even more important to make
sure all of the operations are right, all around.

> Personally, I want sanesrcrev.inc to die and put the revs in the recipes
> where they belong.

Unless opkg's would live in opkg.inc, same problem.

> > It seems a bit silly,
> > especially given the nature of the fixes, to split things up like this.
> > Heck, assuming 521 -> 522 is the patch from RP, the original report was
> > for on target opkg, not do_rootfs
>
> The commit does what is says in the message, it removes duplicate
> entries in do_rootfs logs (and makes narciusses XHR smaller), so what is
> it you're complaining about?

I'm saying that this is a bugfix for a problem that you reported (or at
least commented on the thread / bug entry) as being a problem on device.
Is it intentional that you didn't update on device to have this fixed
too?  I was guessing no, it wasn't (and that you would have found time
to test on device).

--

@ 2010-02-18  9:09       ` Koen Kooi
From: Koen Kooi @ 2010-02-18  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

* Re: [oe-commits] Koen Kooi : opkg-native: bump to r522 to get a fix to remove duplicate messages from do_rootfs logs
@ 2010-02-18 22:50         ` Graham Gower
From: Graham Gower @ 2010-02-18 22:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On 18 February 2010 19:39, Koen Kooi <k.kooi@student.utwente.nl> wrote:

> Testing various things on target (upgrading >500 packages on one,
> installing >1k packages on another) seems to show no (new) errors. I'll
> do some more testing and bump the rev if things look OK.
>
> regards,
>
> Koen

A new opkg release is imminent. Perhaps the rev bump could hold off
until this time, and a recipe for this release be used instead? Is
there any rush?

-Graham

* Re: [oe-commits] Koen Kooi : opkg-native: bump to r522 to get a fix to remove duplicate messages from do_rootfs logs
@ 2010-02-23 12:10     ` Florian Boor
From: Florian Boor @ 2010-02-23 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Hi,

Koen Kooi schrieb:
> Personally, I want sanesrcrev.inc to die and put the revs in the recipes
> where they belong.

I agree - there is not much use in keeping some random package related
information in different files. That's like if we would collect the license
information or the source URI for all packages in a single file :)

Greetings

Florian

--
The dream of yesterday                  Florian Boor
is the hope of today                    Tel: +49 271-771091-15