* opensm: Status of torus-2QoS patchset?
@ 2010-02-16 20:34 Jim Schutt
       [not found] ` <1266352441.31472.126.camel-mgfCWIlwujvg4c9jKm7R2O1ftBKYq+Ku@public.gmane.org>
From: Jim Schutt @ 2010-02-16 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sashak-smomgflXvOZWk0Htik3J/w; +Cc: linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

Hi Sasha,

Do you have any feedback regarding my patches to add
a new routing module specialized for 2D/3D torus topologies?
I was hoping there was some chance this work might make it
into the OFED 1.6 release.

Thanks -- Jim

* Re: opensm: Status of torus-2QoS patchset?
       [not found] ` <1266352441.31472.126.camel-mgfCWIlwujvg4c9jKm7R2O1ftBKYq+Ku@public.gmane.org>
@ 2010-02-21 11:43   ` Sasha Khapyorsky
From: Sasha Khapyorsky @ 2010-02-21 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Schutt; +Cc: linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

Hi Jim,

On 13:34 Tue 16 Feb     , Jim Schutt wrote:

> Do you have any feedback regarding my patches to add
> a new routing module specialized for 2D/3D torus topologies?

I've started to look at this. There is a lot of code, so it takes a
time. I will comment over patches.

> I was hoping there was some chance this work might make it
> into the OFED 1.6 release.

1.6 is realistic.

Sasha

* Re: opensm: Status of torus-2QoS patchset?
@ 2010-02-21 11:58     ` Sasha Khapyorsky
From: Sasha Khapyorsky @ 2010-02-21 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Schutt; +Cc: linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

On 13:43 Sun 21 Feb     , Sasha Khapyorsky wrote:

> I've started to look at this. There is a lot of code, so it takes a
> time. I will comment over patches.

BTW, assuming that now we have three (0/11, 0/12 and 0/3) subsequent
patch series (basic + reworks + fixes) wouldn't it be simpler for review
and apply to merge everything into single "final" patch series?

Sasha

* Re: opensm: Status of torus-2QoS patchset?
@ 2010-02-22 16:25     ` Jim Schutt
From: Jim Schutt @ 2010-02-22 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sasha Khapyorsky; +Cc: linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

On Sun, 2010-02-21 at 04:43 -0700, Sasha Khapyorsky wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> On 13:34 Tue 16 Feb     , Jim Schutt wrote:
> >
> > Do you have any feedback regarding my patches to add
> > a new routing module specialized for 2D/3D torus topologies?
>
> I've started to look at this. There is a lot of code, so it takes a
> time. I will comment over patches.

Thanks - I know it's a lot of code, and I appreciate that
you don't want to add code until you understand how it
works.

> > I was hoping there was some chance this work might make it
> > into the OFED 1.6 release.
>
> 1.6 is realistic.

Great.

Thanks again for taking a look.

-- Jim

@ 2010-02-22 16:29       ` Jim Schutt
       [not found]         ` <1266856172.31472.234.camel-mgfCWIlwujvg4c9jKm7R2O1ftBKYq+Ku@public.gmane.org>
From: Jim Schutt @ 2010-02-22 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sasha Khapyorsky; +Cc: linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

On Sun, 2010-02-21 at 04:58 -0700, Sasha Khapyorsky wrote:
> On 13:43 Sun 21 Feb     , Sasha Khapyorsky wrote:
> >
> > I've started to look at this. There is a lot of code, so it takes a
> > time. I will comment over patches.
>
> BTW, assuming that now we have three (0/11, 0/12 and 0/3) subsequent
> patch series (basic + reworks + fixes) wouldn't it be simpler for review
> and apply to merge everything into single "final" patch series?

I've been wondering which you prefer - I wasn't sure if
you wanted to preserve some of the patch history, particularly
for the bug fixes.

I'm happy to merge everything into a new series, and
rebase to latest development head if you would prefer that.

Please let me know.

-- Jim

@ 2010-02-27 14:36           ` Sasha Khapyorsky
From: Sasha Khapyorsky @ 2010-02-27 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Schutt; +Cc: linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

On 09:29 Mon 22 Feb     , Jim Schutt wrote:

> I'm happy to merge everything into a new series, and
> rebase to latest development head if you would prefer that.

Yes, that way it would be better. Thanks.

Sasha