* [Buildroot] ct-NG proceed - 2009.11 can't write to /x-tools folder (R/O)
@ 2010-04-23 13:12 Microbit_Ubuntu
From: Microbit_Ubuntu @ 2010-04-23 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi Grant/all,

I'm back on Ubuntu now, looked at crosstool-NG again, was quite simple
to install - must have had my wires crossed somewhere...
It built just fine in one take.

One simple question though :
I thought it prudent to leave the toolchain marked as "read only" in
ct-NG menuconfig.
However, when Buildroot-2009.11 has finished building gdb-6.8 (host,
target, server) it seems to want to make a copy of the executables to
the x-tools/arm-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi/bin folder (understandably
for path issues, I guess).
So BR2 make marks with dislike...

Is there a workaround, or do I temporarily allow writes to the x-tools
folder(s) ???

--
Best regards,
Kris

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-04-23 13:12 UTC | newest]