* What ever happened to standardizing signal level?
@ 2010-05-29  3:09 VDR User
From: VDR User @ 2010-05-29  3:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

A lot of people were anticipating this happening but it seems to have
stalled out.  Does anyone know what the intentions are?  Many users
were also hoping to _finally_ get a good signal meter for linux as
well.  If anyone has any info, please share!

* Re: What ever happened to standardizing signal level?
@ 2010-05-29  4:45 ` Konstantin Dimitrov
From: Konstantin Dimitrov @ 2010-05-29  4:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

at least in driver for the frontend found on TBS 6980 Dual DVB-S2 card
i added options "esno" and "dbm" respectively for reporting SNR
(actually C/N) in EsNo dB and signal strength in dBm, which is at
least real statistics about the signal and not like almost meaningless
percents. so, that's one way to go. some DVB-S/S2 demodulators use
EsNo dB and other EbNo dB and so maybe step toward some
standardization is routines for conversion between those two. also,
maybe there will be common agreement how to convert signal strength in
dBm to percents and SNR (C/N) in EsNo or EbNo dB to percents. i
believe that will guarantee more standard way to give information
about the signal, but it's just my opinion.

@ 2010-05-29  9:09   ` Mike Booth
From: Mike Booth @ 2010-05-29  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Saturday 29 May 2010 14:45:40 Konstantin Dimitrov wrote:
> at least in driver for the frontend found on TBS 6980 Dual DVB-S2 card
> i added options "esno" and "dbm" respectively for reporting SNR
> (actually C/N) in EsNo dB and signal strength in dBm, which is at
> least real statistics about the signal and not like almost meaningless
> percents. so, that's one way to go. some DVB-S/S2 demodulators use
> EsNo dB and other EbNo dB and so maybe step toward some
> standardization is routines for conversion between those two. also,
> maybe there will be common agreement how to convert signal strength in
> dBm to percents and SNR (C/N) in EsNo or EbNo dB to percents. i
> believe that will guarantee more standard way to give information
> about the signal, but it's just my opinion.
>
> On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 6:09 AM, VDR User <user.vdr@gmail.com> wrote:
> > A lot of people were anticipating this happening but it seems to have
> > stalled out.  Does anyone know what the intentions are?  Many users
> > were also hoping to _finally_ get a good signal meter for linux as
> > well.  If anyone has any info, please share!
> > --

i think someone is too concerned about being precisely accurate. So much so
that no-one can see the woods for the trees any more.

Its not important to me that accuracy is spot on. I only want to know that
when tuning the dish I'm getting \better or worse.

A mate has fixed this locally. So will we get a plethora of patches all trying
to do the same thing.

Mike

* Re: What ever happened to standardizing signal level?
@ 2010-05-30  5:52 ` hermann pitton
From: hermann pitton @ 2010-05-30  5:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am Freitag, den 28.05.2010, 20:09 -0700 schrieb VDR User:
> A lot of people were anticipating this happening but it seems to have
> stalled out.  Does anyone know what the intentions are?  Many users
> were also hoping to _finally_ get a good signal meter for linux as
> well.  If anyone has any info, please share!

Stop sending SPAM to this list.

What should be the "intentions"?

What should happen? Please reiterate all details!

Intentions of chip manufacturers are simple, sell more and make more
profit than others for others.

Further questions on that?

On what do _you_ have any progress and can contribute?

Is it at least any better on m$?

For sure not!

There is no "as well".

Please provide at least one _single_ patch,
showing you have any direction on that ...

What ever happened? Nothing new.

Please try it also from that side then ...

IIRC, XCeive supposed a market, for tuners alone, above 6 billions for
the next year as a starting argument for investors.

Buy whatever you want.

As long, those acting on the markets, even without any freely agreeable
convention for measurements as reference, how can we have any?

Tell from which _instance_  "punishing points" are allowed and why ...

Since it is such a mass/global market, looking promising, lots jump in,
but often are out again only a little later. Ever looked in details?

To have no proper signal/SNR measurement agreement across all products
is only a side effect, but for sure not related to Open Source ;)

Show me a treaty, _all_ involved parties did sign, and then _eventually_
some prediction on that in some next future for outdated hardware is
feasible.

regards

* Re: What ever happened to standardizing signal level?
@ 2010-05-30  7:01   ` VDR User
From: VDR User @ 2010-05-30  7:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 10:52 PM, hermann pitton
<hermann-pitton@arcor.de> wrote:

...troll spam removed...

Hermann, you're a known troll with clearly nothing to contribute to
this thread therefore you're comments are unwelcome.  Your mostly
incoherent rant sounds like the ramblings of somebody who has consumed
too much alcohol, and you're obviously using this mailing list as a
cry for attention.  I'll ask you kindly to stop wasting everyones time
with your moronic nonsense and direct your harassment elsewhere.  I'm
sure you can find something better to do with your time then polluting
this mailing list and making yourself look foolish.

To everyone else, please disregard this post and the imbecile in which
I'm replying to.

* Re: What ever happened to standardizing signal level?
@ 2010-05-30  7:07     ` VDR User
From: VDR User @ 2010-05-30  7:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 2:09 AM, Mike Booth <mike_booth76@iprimus.com.au> wrote:
> i think someone is too concerned about being precisely accurate. So much so
> that no-one can see the woods for the trees any more.
>
> Its not important to me that accuracy is spot on. I only want to know that
> when tuning the dish I'm getting \better or worse.

I tend to agree with this.  Ultimately what's important is not
necessarily that the readings are 100% accurate, but rather simply put
into some kind of universal scale that provides useful output to the
user.  Many users were happy to see some activity addressing this
issue and unfortunately it seems to have stalled out but I'm not sure
why.  I honestly felt there was enough common ground being discussed
that we'd have a solution by now.

Regards.

* Re: What ever happened to standardizing signal level?
@ 2010-05-30  7:23       ` Hans Verkuil
From: Hans Verkuil @ 2010-05-30  7:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: VDR User, Mike Krufky

On Sunday 30 May 2010 09:07:46 VDR User wrote:
> On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 2:09 AM, Mike Booth <mike_booth76@iprimus.com.au> wrote:
> > i think someone is too concerned about being precisely accurate. So much so
> > that no-one can see the woods for the trees any more.
> >
> > Its not important to me that accuracy is spot on. I only want to know that
> > when tuning the dish I'm getting \better or worse.
>
> I tend to agree with this.  Ultimately what's important is not
> necessarily that the readings are 100% accurate, but rather simply put
> into some kind of universal scale that provides useful output to the
> user.  Many users were happy to see some activity addressing this
> issue and unfortunately it seems to have stalled out but I'm not sure
> why.  I honestly felt there was enough common ground being discussed
> that we'd have a solution by now.

To the best of my knowledge Mike Krufky intended to work on this but he
clearly no longer has time to do that work.

Mike, can you perhaps explain what you wanted to do? Hopefully someone else
can find the time to implement it.

Regards,

	Hans

* Re: What ever happened to standardizing signal level?
@ 2010-05-30  7:32     ` Markus Rechberger
From: Markus Rechberger @ 2010-05-30  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

A little bit more "ontopic", did anyone get around to read the
signallevel of the tda18721?
I wonder the register does not return any signallevel as indicated in
the specifications.

Markus

* Re: What ever happened to standardizing signal level?
@ 2010-05-30 15:18         ` Michael Krufky
From: Michael Krufky @ 2010-05-30 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Verkuil; +Cc: VDR User, Mike Booth, Konstantin Dimitrov, linux-media

Hans Verkuil wrote:
> On Sunday 30 May 2010 09:07:46 VDR User wrote:
>> On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 2:09 AM, Mike Booth <mike_booth76@iprimus.com.au> wrote:
>>> i think someone is too concerned about being precisely accurate. So much so
>>> that no-one can see the woods for the trees any more.
>>>
>>> Its not important to me that accuracy is spot on. I only want to know that
>>> when tuning the dish I'm getting \better or worse.
>> I tend to agree with this.  Ultimately what's important is not
>> necessarily that the readings are 100% accurate, but rather simply put
>> into some kind of universal scale that provides useful output to the
>> user.  Many users were happy to see some activity addressing this
>> issue and unfortunately it seems to have stalled out but I'm not sure
>> why.  I honestly felt there was enough common ground being discussed
>> that we'd have a solution by now.
>
> To the best of my knowledge Mike Krufky intended to work on this but he
> clearly no longer has time to do that work.
>
> Mike, can you perhaps explain what you wanted to do? Hopefully someone else
> can find the time to implement it.
>
> Regards,
>
> 	Hans

..."clearly no longer has time" -- please do not speak on my behalf -- I
have taken a break from v4l-dvb, and I will return when I have time for
it again.

I already did a lot of the work for standardizing signal level, but I
need to clean it up, consider new demod modules, push trees and send
pull requests.  Right now, correct -- I don't have time for it.  I'll
likely get to this by mid-august -- I will have more time again by then.

I have a plethora of changes in my queue that I have to burn through and
merge, including j-rod's lgdt3304 support.  I used to get this stuff
done very quickly, but there is a lot of change going on in my life
right now... When things settle down here, I'll be back in full force.  :-)

Regards,

Mike Krufky

Regards,

Mike

* Re: What ever happened to standardizing signal level?
@ 2010-05-30 15:21       ` Michael Krufky
From: Michael Krufky @ 2010-05-30 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Markus Rechberger; +Cc: VDR User, hermann pitton, linux-media

Markus Rechberger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A little bit more "ontopic", did anyone get around to read the
> signallevel of the tda18721?
> I wonder the register does not return any signallevel as indicated in
> the specifications.
>
> Markus

There is a "power level" value that can be read from the tda18271 -- I
had a patch that enabled reading of this value, for testing purposes,
but it wasn't as useful as I had hoped, so I never bothered to merge it.

If you'd like to play with it, I pushed up some code last year:

http://kernellabs.com/hg/~mkrufky/tda18271-pl/rev/4373874cff29

Let me know how this works for you, or if you choose to change it.  I If
you find it valuable, we can merge it in somehow.

Regards,

Mike

* Re: What ever happened to standardizing signal level?
@ 2010-05-30 15:27           ` Hans Verkuil
From: Hans Verkuil @ 2010-05-30 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Krufky; +Cc: VDR User, Mike Booth, Konstantin Dimitrov, linux-media

On Sunday 30 May 2010 17:18:25 Michael Krufky wrote:
> Hans Verkuil wrote:

> >> I tend to agree with this.  Ultimately what's important is not
> >> necessarily that the readings are 100% accurate, but rather simply put
> >> into some kind of universal scale that provides useful output to the
> >> user.  Many users were happy to see some activity addressing this
> >> issue and unfortunately it seems to have stalled out but I'm not sure
> >> why.  I honestly felt there was enough common ground being discussed
> >> that we'd have a solution by now.
> >
> > To the best of my knowledge Mike Krufky intended to work on this but he
> > clearly no longer has time to do that work.
> >
> > Mike, can you perhaps explain what you wanted to do? Hopefully someone else
> > can find the time to implement it.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > 	Hans
> >

> ..."clearly no longer has time" -- please do not speak on my behalf -- I
> have taken a break from v4l-dvb, and I will return when I have time for
> it again.

My apologies, that was poorly phrased. 'appears to have little time' would
have been much better. Sorry about that.

> I already did a lot of the work for standardizing signal level, but I
> need to clean it up, consider new demod modules, push trees and send
> pull requests.  Right now, correct -- I don't have time for it.  I'll
> likely get to this by mid-august -- I will have more time again by then.
>
> I have a plethora of changes in my queue that I have to burn through and
> merge, including j-rod's lgdt3304 support.  I used to get this stuff
> done very quickly, but there is a lot of change going on in my life
> right now... When things settle down here, I'll be back in full force.  :-)

Looking forward to that!

Regards,

	Hans

* Re: What ever happened to standardizing signal level?
@ 2010-05-30 17:21   ` hermann-pitton
From: hermann-pitton @ 2010-05-30 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: user.vdr, hermann-pitton; +Cc: linux-media

> On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 10:52 PM, hermann pitton
> <hermann-pitton@arcor.de> wrote:
> >
> ...troll spam removed...
> >

> Hermann, you're a known troll with clearly nothing to contribute to
> this thread therefore you're comments are unwelcome.

On requests without success

http://linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2009-August/032299.html

you are well known for being in good company soon.

http://linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2008-December/030704.html

I wonder, if this will ever change, but hope so.

Hermann

Und was machen Sie heute abend? Alles Events Ihrer Gegend auf einen Blick im Arcor.de-Veranstaltungskalender: http://www.arcor.de/rd/footer.events

* Re: What ever happened to standardizing signal level?
@ 2010-05-30 17:29         ` Markus Rechberger
From: Markus Rechberger @ 2010-05-30 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Krufky; +Cc: linux-media

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 5:21 PM, Michael Krufky <mkrufky@linuxtv.org> wrote:
> Markus Rechberger wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> A little bit more "ontopic", did anyone get around to read the
>> signallevel of the tda18721?
>> I wonder the register does not return any signallevel as indicated in
>> the specifications.
>>
>> Markus
>
> There is a "power level" value that can be read from the tda18271 -- I had a
> patch that enabled reading of this value, for testing purposes, but it
> wasn't as useful as I had hoped, so I never bothered to merge it.
>
> If you'd like to play with it, I pushed up some code last year:
>
> http://kernellabs.com/hg/~mkrufky/tda18271-pl/rev/4373874cff29
>
> Let me know how this works for you, or if you choose to change it.  I If you
> find it valuable, we can merge it in somehow.

hmm.. I somewhat tried the same but the register kept flipping back
and the powerlevel register returned 0.

Markus

* Re: What ever happened to standardizing signal level?
@ 2010-05-31  3:02           ` Michael Krufky
From: Michael Krufky @ 2010-05-31  3:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Markus Rechberger; +Cc: linux-media

Markus Rechberger wrote:
> On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 5:21 PM, Michael Krufky <mkrufky@linuxtv.org> wrote:
>> Markus Rechberger wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> A little bit more "ontopic", did anyone get around to read the
>>> signallevel of the tda18721?
>>> I wonder the register does not return any signallevel as indicated in
>>> the specifications.
>>>
>>> Markus
>> There is a "power level" value that can be read from the tda18271 -- I had a
>> patch that enabled reading of this value, for testing purposes, but it
>> wasn't as useful as I had hoped, so I never bothered to merge it.
>>
>> If you'd like to play with it, I pushed up some code last year:
>>
>> http://kernellabs.com/hg/~mkrufky/tda18271-pl/rev/4373874cff29
>>
>> Let me know how this works for you, or if you choose to change it.  I If you
>> find it valuable, we can merge it in somehow.
>>

> hmm.. I somewhat tried the same but the register kept flipping back
> and the powerlevel register returned 0.
>
> Markus

...I think it only works on the c2 rev silicon.  Not sure about that,
though.

-Mike

* Re: What ever happened to standardizing signal level?
@ 2010-05-31  3:21             ` hermann pitton
From: hermann pitton @ 2010-05-31  3:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Krufky; +Cc: Markus Rechberger, linux-media

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 30.05.2010, 23:02 -0400 schrieb Michael Krufky:
> Markus Rechberger wrote:

> >> There is a "power level" value that can be read from the tda18271 -- I had a
> >> patch that enabled reading of this value, for testing purposes, but it
> >> wasn't as useful as I had hoped, so I never bothered to merge it.
> >>
> >> If you'd like to play with it, I pushed up some code last year:
> >>
> >> http://kernellabs.com/hg/~mkrufky/tda18271-pl/rev/4373874cff29
> >>
> >> Let me know how this works for you, or if you choose to change it.  I If you
> >> find it valuable, we can merge it in somehow.
> >>

> > hmm.. I somewhat tried the same but the register kept flipping back
> > and the powerlevel register returned 0.
> >
> > Markus
>
> ...I think it only works on the c2 rev silicon.  Not sure about that,
> though.
>
> -Mike

that is such stuff that really happens and nobody has any "intentions"
to hide better signal/SNR measurements from the users.

Some multiple subscribed trolls may take it for a next round, but it is
_nowhere_ any better.

Even worse, on S2, the whole previous model of doing so, will come under
pressure, if I'm not totally blind.

Best,
Hermann

* Re: What ever happened to standardizing signal level?
@ 2010-06-04  3:30     ` hermann pitton
From: hermann pitton @ 2010-06-04  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am Sonntag, den 30.05.2010, 00:01 -0700 schrieb VDR User:
> On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 10:52 PM, hermann pitton
> <hermann-pitton@arcor.de> wrote:
> >
> ...troll spam removed...
> >

> Hermann, you're a known troll with clearly nothing to contribute to
> this thread therefore you're comments are unwelcome.  Your mostly
> incoherent rant sounds like the ramblings of somebody who has consumed
> too much alcohol, and you're obviously using this mailing list as a
> cry for attention.  I'll ask you kindly to stop wasting everyones time
> with your moronic nonsense and direct your harassment elsewhere.  I'm
> sure you can find something better to do with your time then polluting
> this mailing list and making yourself look foolish.
>
> To everyone else, please disregard this post and the imbecile in which
> I'm replying to.

I tried in vain, several times, to get the VDR User to some ground.

To participate in development is about patches, as a minimum.

Driver maintainers are on a much higher level and can disregard patches.

If patches go to mainline, one has to allow to be authenticated.

There is no other way to get any "stuff" in else, with reasons.

If one is acting under some anonymous name and email account, there is
no way to fulfill this first requirement.

So, anything coming in from such, is taken as trolling.

Especially, if one did already qualify for "taking it all over", rule
the personal engaged and so on ...

I'm not sure, if we have to improve the wiki for those never ever
sending any patches, since this is the first on what we meet.

But some, taking it all over, seem still to be in urgent need about how
to improve that ;)

Cheers,
Hermann

* Re: What ever happened to standardizing signal level?
@ 2010-06-04  5:18       ` VDR User
From: VDR User @ 2010-06-04  5:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

hermann pitton <hermann-pitton@arcor.de>, you are contributing
absolutely nothing to this thread aside of annoying people with your
by trolling and half incoherent nonsense.  It's quite ironic you
suggest _I_ am the one trolling when this is a thread _I_ created.
And further, several people have posted legitimate responses to --
clearly you are the only one suffering from your delusion.
Additionally you've been stalking me in email as well.  Your behavior
is not only uncalled for, it's abusive of both this mailing list and
the people willingly participating in the discussion.  As I understand
it, this is not the first time you've been the source of harassment.

Do us all a favor -- go find some other thread to infect with your
childishness, find some other user(s) to harass/stalk/obsess over, or
simply grow up and stop wasting everyone's time.  In case you haven't
noticed there has been absolutely nobody supporting your rants.  Take
a hint.

* Re: What ever happened to standardizing signal level?
@ 2010-06-06 22:01         ` hermann pitton
From: hermann pitton @ 2010-06-06 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am Donnerstag, den 03.06.2010, 22:18 -0700 schrieb VDR User:
> hermann pitton <hermann-pitton@arcor.de>, you are contributing
> absolutely nothing to this thread aside of annoying people with your
> by trolling and half incoherent nonsense.  It's quite ironic you
> suggest _I_ am the one trolling when this is a thread _I_ created.
> And further, several people have posted legitimate responses to --
> clearly you are the only one suffering from your delusion.

Dream on.

The question never was, if you are trolling from time to time, but only
if you are a duplicate of another troll or on your own.

I have talked with Mauro about that and since then I ask you to provide
your full name or point at least to a patch from you, where you have to
agree to provide your real name in your SOB line.

There was none and you also did not point to somebody else, to confirm
for us, that you are known and on kernel development not only as a
troll.

You did not give an sufficient answer during the last two years.

> Additionally you've been stalking me in email as well.  Your behavior
> is not only uncalled for, it's abusive of both this mailing list and
> the people willingly participating in the discussion.  As I understand
> it, this is not the first time you've been the source of harassment.

The opposite again is true, you stalked me by private e-mail and
therefor my reply went as copy also to Mauro and Manu. If even Manu does
not have your contact data, who else? Please provide them at least to
him or someone else you trust and you are free for rants, within
limitations.

> Do us all a favor -- go find some other thread to infect with your
> childishness, find some other user(s) to harass/stalk/obsess over, or
> simply grow up and stop wasting everyone's time.  In case you haven't
> noticed there has been absolutely nobody supporting your rants.  Take
> a hint.

http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/People_behind_V4L-DVB

I did not put myself on this list and you should take me a little more
serious when asking you to fulfill the minimum requirements for
participating in kernel development.

Also, if you further associate me with illegal drugs, I give you a 100%
guarantee, that this will become _very_ expensive for you.

You also won't make the vine sour I have after working on my linux
"hobby".

Now, after wasting my time looking at it, I can see you have a first
alsa patch in 2.6.33 with an invalid SOB, since only Derek, but
corrected to Derek Kelly in 2.6.34.

Missing is still, if you are working as a Hobbyist or if you are paid
for your work. Greg might ask you such soon or did already.

If your name is true, you could have saved yourself and all others most
of all the trouble. Looking at your methods, my doubts are not gone, but
I let it to others now.

Hermann

* Re: What ever happened to standardizing signal level?
@ 2010-06-06 22:12           ` Lars Schotte
                               ` (2 more replies)
From: Lars Schotte @ 2010-06-06 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

stop flaming all the time, there are ppl out there like me who have
some problems w/ their HW, and you are arguing here about nothing.

On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 00:01:22 +0200

@ 2010-06-06 23:26             ` VDR User
From: VDR User @ 2010-06-06 23:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 3:12 PM, Lars Schotte <lars.schotte@schotteweb.de> wrote:
> stop flaming all the time, there are ppl out there like me who have
> some problems w/ their HW, and you are arguing here about nothing.

Hence why I've asked that kid several times to stop it but yet he
refuses to respect this mailing list and it's users.  I haven't
bothered to read his most recent reply as I'm 100% convinced by it's
mere length it's more ridiculous nonsense & lies.  I apologize to you
(thanks for voicing your opinion, which I & others share) and the rest
of the people participating in my thread for even having to waste your
time with these useless posts.  Hopefully Herman Pitton AKA trolling
stalker will sod off and find another mailing list/users to harass.
This will be my last post regarding this stupidity in the thread.

* Re: What ever happened to standardizing signal level?
@ 2010-06-06 23:33             ` hermann pitton
From: hermann pitton @ 2010-06-06 23:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am Montag, den 07.06.2010, 00:12 +0200 schrieb Lars Schotte:
> stop flaming all the time, there are ppl out there like me who have
> some problems w/ their HW, and you are arguing here about nothing.
>
> On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 00:01:22 +0200
> hermann pitton <hermann-pitton@arcor.de> wrote:
>

> > If your name is true, you could have saved yourself and all others
> > most of all the trouble. Looking at your methods, my doubts are not
> > gone, but I let it to others now.
> >
> > Hermann

ugh, seems you start new flaming ;)

Am Sonntag, den 06.06.2010, 21:28 +0200 schrieb Lars Schotte:
> OK,
> i am using w_scan, it scanned and found DVB-S2 channels but szap-s2
> doesnt tune in and there is no data, exactly like i said, so either
> you
> are lying and you have none of this things running or you were paid by
> huappauge to say this.

I fore sure will stay away ...

Cheers,
Hermann

* Re: What ever happened to standardizing signal level?
@ 2010-06-07  0:55               ` Lars Schotte
From: Lars Schotte @ 2010-06-07  0:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

of course, that one is cleared

On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 01:33:49 +0200

@ 2010-06-07  3:04           ` Manu Abraham
From: Manu Abraham @ 2010-06-07  3:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 2:01 AM, hermann pitton <hermann-pitton@arcor.de> wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, den 03.06.2010, 22:18 -0700 schrieb VDR User:
>> hermann pitton <hermann-pitton@arcor.de>, you are contributing
>> absolutely nothing to this thread aside of annoying people with your
>> by trolling and half incoherent nonsense.  It's quite ironic you
>> suggest _I_ am the one trolling when this is a thread _I_ created.
>> And further, several people have posted legitimate responses to --
>> clearly you are the only one suffering from your delusion.
>
> Dream on.
>
> The question never was, if you are trolling from time to time, but only
> if you are a duplicate of another troll or on your own.
>
> I have talked with Mauro about that and since then I ask you to provide
> your full name or point at least to a patch from you, where you have to
> agree to provide your real name in your SOB line.
>
> There was none and you also did not point to somebody else, to confirm
> for us, that you are known and on kernel development not only as a
> troll.
>
> You did not give an sufficient answer during the last two years.
>
>> Additionally you've been stalking me in email as well.  Your behavior
>> is not only uncalled for, it's abusive of both this mailing list and
>> the people willingly participating in the discussion.  As I understand
>> it, this is not the first time you've been the source of harassment.
>
> The opposite again is true, you stalked me by private e-mail and
> therefor my reply went as copy also to Mauro and Manu. If even Manu does
> not have your contact data, who else? Please provide them at least to
> him or someone else you trust and you are free for rants, within
> limitations.

Sorry, that I could not reply in-time. I had been traveling and hence.
Also, with little free time in between additionally. Hermann, what's
going on ? I don't see the reason for such a long thread, nor can't
believe that time is so cheap ..

Anyway ... He doesn't do much of coding, or maybe next to nothing. But
he does test hardware and drivers, from what I know, for quite a long
time from the time of the FF cards. I know his real name as Derek
Kelly and on IRC as hotwings. Well, I do appreciate the time he puts
into testing, as it helps to make realize code better, or identify
hardware bugs etc. At least a couple of times, I was able to find bugs
in my own code, thanks to him. But the other side, unlike most people,
he seemed to not have a taste for taking credits at all (don't know
why, eventhough I had pointed out to him a few times) ..

Regards,
Manu

* Re: What ever happened to standardizing signal level?
@ 2010-06-07  3:21             ` Jed
From: Jed @ 2010-06-07  3:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Pot, meet kettle...

That's a bit rich accusing others of flaming when you've been exposing
the entire list to your rants, ever heard of emailing users directly?

You really think this list is you personal support mail-list don't you.