* Kindly need help debugging start of kernel
@ 2019-12-19 13:42 Matthias Schoepfer
From: Matthias Schoepfer @ 2019-12-19 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi!

We have a Dragonboard 410c. We chainload u-boot from little kernel (lk),
and from there the linux kernel obviously. All of it (not little kernel)
is build within yocto / Openembedded. It will generate a fitImage, that
we put into an ext4 partition, from there we bootm the stuff after
(i.e. "random" changing a kernel config parameter, rebuild with slightly
other toolchain) will lead to a failed boot, meaning, that we get no
output whatsoever after

Starting kernel ...

Which puzzles me a lot, since I change only parameters, that should at
least make the Kernel print its first lines. I suspect, that something
goes wrong on initialization of the kernel.

I do not expect that anyone can reproduce and fix the bug for me, but
maybe, you can give me some hints how I can approach to debug this. I do
not have a hardware debugger, so it is pretty much printk debugging...

Thanks and Regards,

    Matthias
--
Dr.-Ing. Matthias Schöpfer
matthias.schoepfer at googlemail.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-12-19 13:42 UTC | newest]