* Disabling bind mounts
@ 2010-07-07 14:11 Steve Thompson
From: Steve Thompson @ 2010-07-07 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: autofs

Is there any way to _disable_ bind mounts, always using the NFS stack? I
need this for a drbd+heartbeat failover scenario.

TIA,
Steve
Steve Thompson                 E-mail:      smt AT vgersoft DOT com
Voyager Software LLC           Web:         http://www DOT vgersoft DOT com
39 Smugglers Path              VSW Support: support AT vgersoft DOT com
Ithaca, NY 14850
   "186,300 miles per second: it's not just a good idea, it's the law"

* Re: Disabling bind mounts
@ 2010-07-08  2:28 ` Ian Kent
From: Ian Kent @ 2010-07-08  2:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Thompson; +Cc: autofs

On Wed, 2010-07-07 at 10:11 -0400, Steve Thompson wrote:
> Is there any way to _disable_ bind mounts, always using the NFS stack? I
> need this for a drbd+heartbeat failover scenario.

Try using pseudo mount option "nosymlink".

I know the name is sounds wrong and I probably should change it and
document it but I haven't, oops!

Also, if you specify the port=<NFS port> mount option that will prevent
bind mounting.

Ian