* [ANNOUNCE] Linux Test Project for AUGUST 2010 has been released
@ 2010-09-04 18:39 ` Subrata Modak
From: Subrata Modak @ 2010-09-04 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp-list, linux-kernel; +Cc: Garrett Cooper, Mike Frysinger

Hi,

LTP for August 2010 has been released. Please pick your copy from:
http://ltp.sourceforge.net/,

Changes during last 2 months can be found here:
http://ltp.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=ltp/ltp-dev.git;a=commitdiff;h=63bb9536f66b8117a723e99149ee8091dcae4fad,

Regards--
Subrata

* [LTP] [ANNOUNCE] Linux Test Project for AUGUST 2010 has been released
@ 2010-09-04 18:39 ` Subrata Modak
From: Subrata Modak @ 2010-09-04 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp-list, linux-kernel; +Cc: Mike Frysinger

Hi,

LTP for August 2010 has been released. Please pick your copy from:
http://ltp.sourceforge.net/,

Changes during last 2 months can be found here:
http://ltp.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=ltp/ltp-dev.git;a=commitdiff;h=63bb9536f66b8117a723e99149ee8091dcae4fad,

Regards--
Subrata

* Re: [LTP] [ANNOUNCE] Linux Test Project for AUGUST 2010 has been released
  (?)
@ 2010-09-13 23:02 ` Paul Larson
From: Paul Larson @ 2010-09-13 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: subrata; +Cc: ltp-list

On Sun, 2010-09-05 at 00:09 +0530, Subrata Modak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> LTP for August 2010 has been released. Please pick your copy from:
> http://ltp.sourceforge.net/,
Do we have a well-defined release process that is happening for each
release?  There were a few problems and differences with the August
release.  None of these are really huge, but they do tend to break
things for people that rely on the release tarballs for automated tests.
The fact that LTP has gone to releasing once every two months also makes
it more of a problem, since those affected will either need to make
changes that they'll likely need to roll back in two months, or roll
their own tarball.

The fact that make autotools had not been run has already been pointed
out.  The release was also done only as a .tgz rather than bzip2 like
the previous release.  I don't really care so much on that, but
consistency would be good.  Also the .git directory was left behind,
making the download size much larger than it should have been.

Any chance there might be an interim release to correct these?

Thanks,
Paul Larson

http://p.sf.net/sfu/novell-sfdev2dev

* Re: [LTP] [ANNOUNCE] Linux Test Project for AUGUST 2010 has been released
@ 2010-09-14  1:45   ` Garrett Cooper
From: Garrett Cooper @ 2010-09-14  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Larson; +Cc: ltp-list

On Sep 13, 2010, at 4:02 PM, Paul Larson wrote:

> On Sun, 2010-09-05 at 00:09 +0530, Subrata Modak wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> LTP for August 2010 has been released. Please pick your copy from:
>> http://ltp.sourceforge.net/,
> Do we have a well-defined release process that is happening for each
> release?  There were a few problems and differences with the August
> release.  None of these are really huge, but they do tend to break
> things for people that rely on the release tarballs for automated tests.
> The fact that LTP has gone to releasing once every two months also makes
> it more of a problem, since those affected will either need to make
> changes that they'll likely need to roll back in two months, or roll
> their own tarball.
>
> The fact that make autotools had not been run has already been pointed
> out.  The release was also done only as a .tgz rather than bzip2 like
> the previous release.  I don't really care so much on that, but
> consistency would be good.  Also the .git directory was left behind,
> making the download size much larger than it should have been.
>
> Any chance there might be an interim release to correct these?

	I'll create the necessary Makefile targets for this. Subrata needs to handle the rest.
Thanks,
-Garrett

* Re: [LTP] [ANNOUNCE] Linux Test Project for AUGUST 2010 has been released
@ 2010-09-14  6:35     ` Subrata Modak
From: Subrata Modak @ 2010-09-14  6:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Garrett Cooper; +Cc: ltp-list

On Mon, 2010-09-13 at 18:45 -0700, Garrett Cooper wrote:
> On Sep 13, 2010, at 4:02 PM, Paul Larson wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 2010-09-05 at 00:09 +0530, Subrata Modak wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> LTP for August 2010 has been released. Please pick your copy from:
> >> http://ltp.sourceforge.net/,
> > Do we have a well-defined release process that is happening for each
> > release?  There were a few problems and differences with the August
> > release.  None of these are really huge, but they do tend to break
> > things for people that rely on the release tarballs for automated tests.
> > The fact that LTP has gone to releasing once every two months also makes
> > it more of a problem, since those affected will either need to make
> > changes that they'll likely need to roll back in two months, or roll
> > their own tarball.
> >
> > The fact that make autotools had not been run has already been pointed
> > out.  The release was also done only as a .tgz rather than bzip2 like
> > the previous release.  I don't really care so much on that, but
> > consistency would be good.  Also the .git directory was left behind,
> > making the download size much larger than it should have been.

Hmm. My mistake. I will following the bzip2 pattern and remove the .git
and make sure than make autotools is done for this release.

> > Any chance there might be an interim release to correct these?

I will try for this in another day or 2.

Regards--
Subrata