* unable to retrieve new files from the server
@ 2010-09-11 16:46 Andy
From: Andy @ 2010-09-11 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

i did a git clone https//..../abc.git.  everything was fine.

Now there are new files on the server and I did a git pull and it said
everything is up to date.  But I still do not see the new files on my
machine.

How do I pull all new files down to my machine?

Sorry, I'm new to Git.

Thanks

* Re: unable to retrieve new files from the server
@ 2010-09-11 16:51 ` Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason
From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason @ 2010-09-11 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy; +Cc: git

On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 16:46, Andy <hoangtu69@yahoo.com> wrote:

> i did a git clone https//..../abc.git.  everything was fine.
>
> Now there are new files on the server and I did a git pull and it said
> everything is up to date.  But I still do not see the new files on my
> machine.
>
> How do I pull all new files down to my machine?

Did you commit those new files? And did you commit them to the tree
"git pull" is pulling from?

* Re: unable to retrieve new files from the server
@ 2010-09-11 16:55   ` Andy
From: Andy @ 2010-09-11 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

I did not commit these files.  These files were committed by others.  All I
want is to make sure my local copy has all the latest from the server.

What command should I use?

* Re: unable to retrieve new files from the server
@ 2010-09-11 17:27     ` Tomas Carnecky
From: Tomas Carnecky @ 2010-09-11 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy; +Cc: git

On 9/11/10 6:55 PM, Andy wrote:

> I did not commit these files.  These files were committed by others.  All I
> want is to make sure my local copy has all the latest from the server.
>
> What command should I use?

If you are using dumb http, you need to run 'git update-server-info'
after each push to the server. Otherwise pull won't see the new commits.

tom

* Re: unable to retrieve new files from the server
@ 2010-09-11 17:41 ` Jakub Narebski
From: Jakub Narebski @ 2010-09-11 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy; +Cc: git

Andy <hoangtu69@yahoo.com> writes:

> I did a git clone https://..../abc.git.  everything was fine.
>
> Now there are new files on the server and I did a git pull and it said
> everything is up to date.  But I still do not see the new files on my
> machine.
>
> How do I pull all new files down to my machine?

Did those files were comitted?  If you are using "dumb" HTTP
transport, is git-update-server-info run on server after committing?

--
Jakub Narebski
Poland

* Re: unable to retrieve new files from the server
@ 2010-09-11 20:08   ` Andy
From: Andy @ 2010-09-11 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

yes, those files were committed already but that's not the issue.  Once
again, here's what I want to do.

Everyday, I want to synchronize my local working directory with the server
so that I have the latest before I start working.  What's the simplest way
to do it using git?