* Documenting Poky dependencies
@ 2010-11-18 12:36 Joshua Lock
From: Joshua Lock @ 2010-11-18 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto; +Cc: Rifenbark, Scott M

Hi all,

I've been thinking about the issue of documenting Poky's dependencies in
the handbook.
At the moment the handbook includes a list of required packages and then
explicitly lists commands to install those packages on Ubuntu.

What I'd like to propose is that we list the required dependencies in
the handbook and then link to a wiki page where we can list explicit
instructions for various distributions.

This allows us to document the process for as many distributions as
possible without cluttering the handbook. An alternative would be to add
this to an appendix but I quite like the idea of people being able to
edit and add to this information without having to use git.

To that end I've added a page to our public wiki showing the steps I had
to take to run Poky on Fedora and CentOS machines:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Poky/GettingStarted/Dependencies

Cheers,
Joshua
--