* Remove/prevent a package's installed files if another package present
@ 2017-04-07 11:53 colin.helliwell
From: colin.helliwell @ 2017-04-07 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

I'd like to do a mod to my ppp recipe such that ip-up & ip-down aren't
installed if another package is in the image recipe i.e. set in
CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL.

I guess I could do a do_install_append() or a pkg_postinst_(), but is there
a way to detect the other package within the recipe? E.g. along the lines of
what PACKAGE_CONF can do for configuration.

Oh, and it needs to work after an update (e.g. rpm/deb) - don't want the
files (re)installed by the update. (So I don't believe
ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND is an option)

* Re: Remove/prevent a package's installed files if another package present
@ 2017-04-07 11:57 ` Alexander Kanavin
From: Alexander Kanavin @ 2017-04-07 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

On 04/07/2017 02:53 PM, colin.helliwell@ln-systems.com wrote:
> I'd like to do a mod to my ppp recipe such that ip-up & ip-down aren't
> installed if another package is in the image recipe i.e. set in
> CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL.
>
> I guess I could do a do_install_append() or a pkg_postinst_(), but is there
> a way to detect the other package within the recipe? E.g. along the lines of
> what PACKAGE_CONF can do for configuration.
>
> Oh, and it needs to work after an update (e.g. rpm/deb) - don't want the
> files (re)installed by the update. (So I don't believe
> ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND is an option)

Maybe you should do this at runtime, and modify ip-up/down themselves
(or the thing that utilizes them) so that they do the right thing in
both scenarios.

Alex

* Re: Remove/prevent a package's installed files if another package present
@ 2017-04-11 13:30   ` Colin Helliwell
From: Colin Helliwell @ 2017-04-11 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

> On 07 April 2017 at 12:57 Alexander Kanavin <alexander.kanavin@linux.intel.com> wrote:
>
> On 04/07/2017 02:53 PM, colin.helliwell@ln-systems.com wrote:
>
> > I'd like to do a mod to my ppp recipe such that ip-up & ip-down aren't
> > installed if another package is in the image recipe i.e. set in
> > CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL.
> >
> > I guess I could do a do_install_append() or a pkg_postinst_(), but is there
> > a way to detect the other package within the recipe? E.g. along the lines of
> > what PACKAGE_CONF can do for configuration.
> >
> > Oh, and it needs to work after an update (e.g. rpm/deb) - don't want the
> > files (re)installed by the update. (So I don't believe
> > ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND is an option)
>
> Maybe you should do this at runtime, and modify ip-up/down themselves
> (or the thing that utilizes them) so that they do the right thing in
> both scenarios.

Worried about complexities of runtime mods (esp. across two other packages). What seems may be a 'simple' (if not weakness-less) method is to add my own DISTRO_FEATURE, and switch on that in my ppp_.bbappend.