* tcm_fc comments
@ 2011-05-27 10:24 Christoph Hellwig
From: Christoph Hellwig @ 2011-05-27 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kiran.patil, nab; +Cc: linux-scsi

 - please remove all the extra -I lines in EXTRA_CLFAGs, none of them
   should be needed.
 - CONFIGFS_TCM_FC_DEBUG should be used directly in the code instead of
   definining another symbol
 - there's no need for thread_wq, you can just do a wake_up_process
   on the task_struct for the thread.  That also means you don't have
   the races with the kthread API you currently have
 - The set_user_nice in ft_thread needs a comment explaning why you
   really need to mess with priorities here.  I suspect you don't have
   to anyway.
 - There's lots of code like "if (!(acl)) {" with completley superflous
   braces.

In general it would have been nice to have sent a review request to
linux-scsi, especially as most of these items have been commented on
multiple times for other target frontends before.

* Re: tcm_fc comments
@ 2011-05-27 21:24 ` Nicholas A. Bellinger
From: Nicholas A. Bellinger @ 2011-05-27 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christoph Hellwig; +Cc: kiran.patil, linux-scsi

On Fri, 2011-05-27 at 06:24 -0400, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> - please remove all the extra -I lines in EXTRA_CLFAGs, none of them
>    should be needed.

Dropped

>  - CONFIGFS_TCM_FC_DEBUG should be used directly in the code instead of
>    definining another symbol

Dropped as this is unused

>  - there's no need for thread_wq, you can just do a wake_up_process
>    on the task_struct for the thread.  That also means you don't have
>    the races with the kthread API you currently have

Converted to use wake_up_process() in ft_queue_cmd() and
schedule_timeout_interruptible() in ft_thread()

>  - The set_user_nice in ft_thread needs a comment explaning why you
>    really need to mess with priorities here.  I suspect you don't have
>    to anyway.

Dropped

>  - There's lots of code like "if (!(acl)) {" with completley superflous

Mmmm, dropping the a handful of if (!(foo)) usages on tfc_conf.c, but I
don't see the rest of the code with superflous braces..?

> In general it would have been nice to have sent a review request to
> linux-scsi, especially as most of these items have been commented on
> multiple times for other target frontends before.

Yes.  So aside from these items, there is one TMR LUN_RESET bugfix patch
that was not included in the initial merge in scsi-misc.

So fixed in lio-core-2.6.git, and sending out the patches shortly.

Thanks,

--nab