From: Jeff Wu <cpwu@tnsoft.com.cn>
To: Fyodor Ustinov <ufm@ufm.su>
Cc: "ceph-devel@vger.kernel.org" <ceph-devel@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: CRUSH. What wrong?
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 09:50:42 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi ,
Could you attach the detail reproducing steps?
Are you using the following steps to get crush.new.txt and base on it to
modify new crush ?
$ ceph osd getcrushmap -o crush.new
$ crushtool -d crush.new -o crush.new.txt

Maybe , you could refer to the following commands to create crush.new
file,for instance:
$ crushtool --num_osds 8 -o crush.new --build host straw 8 rack straw 8
root straw 0
$ crushtool -d crush.new -o crush.new.txt

I had filed two bug at :
http://tracker.newdream.net/issues/1016
http://tracker.newdream.net/issues/1017

Jeff ,Wu