From: Fyodor Ustinov <ufm@ufm.su>
To: ceph-devel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: CRUSH. What wrong?
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 16:21:38 +0300	[thread overview]

Hi!

Now, I made an attempt to create my own CRUSH.

After I applied it to existing cluster everything stopped (rebalance not
start, unable to mount cluster)

"Ok", I said and created new cluster with this crush.

Cluster turned out as the real thing. But id did not work (initial
scrubbing not start, unable to mount).

What I did wrong?

My crush map:

# begin crush map

# devices
device 0 device0
device 1 device1
device 2 device2
device 3 device3
device 4 device4
device 5 device5
device 6 device6
device 7 device7
device 8 device8
device 9 device9
device 10 device10

# types
type 0 device
type 1 host
type 2 rack
type 3 root

# buckets
host host0 {
         id -1           # do not change unnecessarily
         alg straw
         hash 0  # rjenkins1
         item device0 weight 3.842
}
host host1 {
         id -2           # do not change unnecessarily
         alg straw
         hash 0  # rjenkins1
         item device1 weight 3.842
}
host host2 {
         id -3           # do not change unnecessarily
         alg straw
         hash 0  # rjenkins1
         item device2 weight 3.842
}
host host3 {
         id -4           # do not change unnecessarily
         alg straw
         hash 0  # rjenkins1
         item device3 weight 3.842
}
host host4 {
         id -5           # do not change unnecessarily
         alg straw
         hash 0  # rjenkins1
         item device4 weight 3.842
}
host host5 {
         id -6           # do not change unnecessarily
         alg straw
         hash 0  # rjenkins1
         item device5 weight 3.842
}
host host6 {
         id -7           # do not change unnecessarily
         alg straw
         hash 0  # rjenkins1
}
host host7 {
         id -8           # do not change unnecessarily
         alg straw
         hash 0  # rjenkins1
         item device7 weight 3.842
         item device8 weight 3.905
         item device9 weight 3.905
         item device10 weight 3.905
}
rack rack0 {
         id -9           # do not change unnecessarily
         alg straw
         hash 0  # rjenkins1
         item host0 weight 3.844
}
rack rack1 {
         id -10          # do not change unnecessarily
         alg straw
         hash 0  # rjenkins1
         item host1 weight 3.844
}
rack rack2 {
         id -11          # do not change unnecessarily
         alg straw
         hash 0  # rjenkins1
         item host2 weight 3.842
}
rack rack3 {
         id -12          # do not change unnecessarily
         alg straw
         hash 0  # rjenkins1
         item host3 weight 3.842
}
rack rack4 {
         id -13          # do not change unnecessarily
         alg straw
         hash 0  # rjenkins1
         item host4 weight 3.842
}
rack rack5 {
         id -14          # do not change unnecessarily
         alg straw
         hash 0  # rjenkins1
         item host5 weight 3.842
}
rack rack6 {
         id -15          # do not change unnecessarily
         alg straw
         hash 0  # rjenkins1
         item host6 weight 3.842
}
rack rack7 {
         id -16          # do not change unnecessarily
         alg straw
         hash 0  # rjenkins1
         item host7 weight 15.557
}
root root {
         id -17          # do not change unnecessarily
         alg straw
         hash 0  # rjenkins1
         item rack0 weight 3.844
         item rack1 weight 3.844